Chapter 22: Heroic Victims

Start from the beginning

"Nice bluff child but I'm not buying it"

"Its not a bluff...why do you think I tried so hard to stop you from putting that talisman inside his body? If you had he wouldn't have given me enough time to think up a way to free him...if a way was even possible. And although I wanted to show him how my life was...I simply used how my life had been, and combined that with you're hatred of him, as well as your sadistic tendencies to appease you enough to give me the necessary time I needed with him having a clear head. So thanks to you I found a way to do so...so arigato." Naruto said with a victorious smirk.

"This...this...CHILD!" Orochimaru raged mentally. "He's played me from the beginning...using my hatred of that man, and seducing me with the idea about his life, that would have tortured that man's soul for eternity knowing what he did to his son..." He thought, his smirk slowly leaving his face. "...I underestimated his cunning, and manipulativeness. If not for this situation he would be quite a nice body to take over, or to at least be a subordinate of mine."

"Well played child, I applaud you on your victory. However that was simply a victory in the battle, you are quite far from victory in the war. I can tell that your little group is quite exhausted from fighting my summons, and with only Minato-kun, and you to fight...I doubt very much that you will survive this encounter."

"Thats true Orochimaru, I'm the only one that is currently at full power...but really I'M the only one needed to beat you and your summons." Minato announced, making everyone look at the elder blond quizzically."

"Oh? How pray-tell exactly this is a fact my dear Minato-kun" The snake retorted chuckling.

"Simple...the way my son revived me, showed me another way to defeat you...or more specifically your other two summons...and luckily I know just the justu for that." He answered back, his infamous Hokage smirk gracing his face before beginning a set of hand signs, a set that Sarutobi and Natsumi knew intimately.

"Minato-kun...you can't really be thinking of using that AGAIN!?" The elder man shouted.

"Gomen...but apparently without bodies, Naruto-kun's own justsu won't work. So this is our only option to not only survive but more importantly WIN!"

Sarutobi just looked down in sadness and shame, with Natsumi biting her lip for the same reasons. While it was true the man before her caused her own imprisonment, she still respected him for the reason behind it in the first place.

"Whats the jutsu?" Naruto questioned.

"Shiki Fuujin" Sarutobi said solemnly, making Naruto slightly gasp and turn towards his father.

"Gomennasai everyone, but as I said this is the only way to win...and I've technically been dead for over a decade. So even with my sochi's revival of me...with me using it again no one will question it."

"That doesn't mean anything! Your sochi revived you! You have another chance at living Minato! Let me be the one to use that cursed jutsu! I've already lived a good life, and I'm already considering retirement after this! But retiring by saving the village is a far better way then dying an old man!" Sarutobi shouted while trying to reason with the still sealing blond.

"Gomen but I too feel that way. Plus even if I gave you the chance, you don't have enough chakra to summon the shinigami, let alone enough to pull not one but three souls with you. Gomennasai, but I'm the only one that can do this now. I've sacrificed my life to save this village once before and I have seen the rotten fruits of that sacrifice. Let me do things right this time, by doing so for my family...not the village but for my family. For once in my life I want to be a Tou-san, husband, and friend FIRST, and a Hokage second...onegai" He pleaded, tears already rolling down his cheek.