Chapter 11: Wave's Current (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Hana was too embarrassed too look back, but inside was quite happy to know that Naruto liked that. She shook her head of that thought before coughing to try to regain her tarnished dignity.

"Not that it isn't nice to see you two, but what brings you around?"

"Well as you know we are now apart of Kakashi-san's Genin team...and were assigned a mission this morning..." Naruto started, before grabbing a random lollipop from a jar sitting on the desk in the corner of the room. "...so I just wanted to see you before we left. And if you wanted to make plans for another date after I return." He finished with a smile.

"Ah..." Hana replied while mentally thinking about any plans she might have within the week. "...that would be great Naruto-kun."

"Alright then! How about next week, since I don't know how long this mission will last?"

"Ano..." She thought about her schedule again, remembering only unimportant things for the next week, before smiling and nodding. "...hai next week sounds great."

He smiled widely. "Ok...I'll see you when I get back and we can settle on the specifics then..." He paused to walk up to her to kiss her on the cheek. "...Ja ne Hana-chan!" He finished as he and Natsumi 'shunshin'ed from the office.

Hana just smiled, and rubbed her cheek where he kissed her, before whispering a 'be safe' for their mission, and then going back to her paperwork.

Hokage's Office,

"I've taken your team's 'request' into consideration and are allowing you to take a higher ranking mission" The Hokage said the assembled team seven with Kakashi present as well.

"Arigato Hokage-sama" Kakashi said aloofly.

"Right...now then, this mission will be a B-rank and the parameters will be the protection of your client until he reaches his destination: Wave Country." He briefed before letting a drag of smoke leave his lips. "But because of high ranking of this mission as well as other...circumstances...that have come up, two more Genin will be added not only for this mission but for all others as permanent members of Team 7, until I see fit to move them" He finished.

"But Hokage-sama...how can we be getting new Genin now? All of the graduates from the academy for this year were put on teams already" Sakura countered, more curious then argumentative.

"That is correct...but as I said, there are circumstances you need not be privy to, where two people joined Konoha and were given the rank of Genin after the evaluation test. And since Kakashi here was the one to evaluate them, I felt it only natural for them to join his Team."

"But...Hokage-sama..." She said but was cut off by a gruff, curious and slightly agitated voice.

"Who are they?" Sasuke asked, his posture stating he was interested as to the topic at hand.

"You should know one of them...or at least his reputation. He WAS was a civilian of Konoha up until six years ago and has only just returned. The other is his companion...as for who they are, you can ask them yourselves. They will be here..." He paused to look at the clock on the wall counting down the seconds. "...Now." He finished at the clock struck 9 am.

The next moment a knock on the door to Sarutobi's office resounded throughout the room, making all occupants look anxiously. With an affirmed word from the office's owner the door slowly swung open revealing the two demon teenagers. At first team 7 just stood there analyzing the two that began walking into the room. Sasuke immediately noted their postures being very shinobi-like, which to him caused a chill down his spine thinking that these two might be strong enough to have a spar against.