Chapter 10: The Return

Start from the beginning

No one spoke for a long time as they just stared at the hanyou before them, wondering just what kind of shinobi he became if what Natsumi just said was ANY inclination as to what he could do in battle. After some time, it was Yamato who decide to break the silence.

"I know I shouldn't doubt the word of a demon when it comes to power...but how can Naruto get as strong as you say in the the span of six years? That shouldn't be possible no matter how hard the training may have been." He questioned, only making Natsumi's smile widen.

She shrugged. "What can I say? You fools beat up, verbally and physically abused, tortured, and have done so much worse to whom will very well become the strongest shinobi to ever walk the earth..." She began nonchalantly, though noting the guilt, and shame in everyone's face. "...what you failed to notice in Naru-kun, I have helped to nurture and grow. And now the man you see before you is the matured fruits of both my teachings and his determination to become a great, and honorable shinobi to protect those important to him. You really have no idea how much potential and talent you let be trampled on in this village. But you will all learn VERY soon of your mistakes I'm sure...especially that bitch Uzumaki Kushina!" She finished with another evil smile, from seeing Sarutobi physically flinch at the mention of Kushina.

"I see...I cannot deny the past, nor will I excuse any of us for our actions or in-actions towards Naruto when he was younger." The Hokage said in a solemn voice, filled with sadness.

"Speak for yourself Hokage-sama!" Tsume growled from the couch, with her arms folded underneath her chest.

"Yeah! The Inuzuka clan tried it's best to respect the wishes of Yondaime-sama, only to be spit on by the other villagers for our efforts!" Hana chimed in with a rather annoyed expression on her face for being clumped in with rest of the ignorant residents of Konoha.

"Maa Maa, calm down everyone...we didn't come back to make everyone feel guilty...well maybe a little..." Naruto said with an embarrassed, but mischievous laugh. "...but still I know all of you tried your best to help me when I was younger. And I know there isn't much I can do to give my thanks...but hopefully the reasons we really came back here will be good enough." He offered, making everyone else raise their eyebrows in curious suspicion.

"Oh and what is the reason?" Sarutobi asked, making both Naruto and Natsumi's expressions go deadpan.

"Orochimaru" Naruto growled out that single word through clenched teeth, making Tsume, Yamato and the Hokage's eyes widen.

"Who?" Hana said just a little embarrassingly form being out of the loop.

"An S-Ranked Konoha Nuke-nin...he was one of the legendary three Sannin Hana-san." Natsumi answered calmly, but her fists were all but calm as blood began to drip on the floor from the pressure.

"Naruto-kun...I need you to tell me what this is about. And please don't leave any details out about this." Sarutobi requested in a rather hectic tone...when it concerned THAT man, nonchalance was never a good plan.

Naruto nodded. "Of course Ojii-san...its why we are back after all"

Naruto took another sip of sake before explaining, both what Nobunaga told him, and also the plan that he and Natsumi had for the up coming invasion during the Chuunin exams. The occupants were rather surprised by the news, although in truth they should have expected this...after all a snake always attacks when least expected.

"I see...this information will be invaluable in the coming months during the Chuunin exams, arigato Naruto-kun, Kyuubi-san." Sarutobi said bowing to the two demons slightly.