Chapter 3: A Legend is born

Start from the beginning

"Tsk Tsk, never thought I'd hear the Hokage whine about his job, its quite...unbecoming of a leader ne?" A voice teasingly scolded out of seemingly everywhere inside the office.

"Show yourself...I know where you are...I just don't know who you are. And if you are good enough to sneak into this office without setting off any alarms, then introductions can wait since I don't believe there will be a need for them, in a few seconds." Sarutobi said already in his best defensive stance he knew, since he didn't know how powerful the enemy was, so going on the offense wasn't the best course of action right now.

"Aw...you forgot me already? I'm heartbroken...I mean its only been about SIX years since we last saw each other, and here I thought we had grown close...Ojii-san" Naruto finished, still hidden but with a large smile plastered on his face.

He know the Hokage was old, but he was still quite spry, and would get it in a minute. A long silence filled the room before Sarutobi's face lit up, and fell back into his chair in shock.

"Naruto...is that...really you?"

Naruto decided enough was enough with the 'smoke and daggers' routine, and stepped out of his hiding spot. To say Sarutobi was shocked, was a rather large understatement, he wasn't expecting Naruto to return in such a feat of skill. And if that wasn't enough how Naruto looked would have certainly put the poor man in the hospital with a heart-attack if he wasn't a veteran shinobi. The best way to describe the Naruto the Hokage saw in front of him now was a...'mini-Minato'. Standard Konoha Jounin garb down to the tee, was worn by the boy, his hair was longer and more wild, but his blue eyes still shown with the same light as they always had.

"Kami-sama Naruto...you look just like your Tou-san...only...shorter..." He said, chuckling when the boy's eyebrow twitched at the mention of his height. "...by the way Naruto who is your sleeping friend?" He asked noticing the little fox asleep around on Naruto's neck.

Naruto smiled, while once again scratching the fox's ear getting something akin to an animalistic moan from it. "She...is my dear and close companion, she's been with me ever since I left this place six years ago. By the way Ojii-san, do you mind sending your ANBU out of the room, I didn't go through all this trouble to get in your office undetected to have them listen to what I have to tell you alone. Yamato-san can stay however...since he was my sensei for however brief it was." He requested with a knowing smirk.

Sarutobi smiled at the boy who seemed to simply be nonchalant about everything, while just paying attention to his little companion. The Hokage snapped his fingers and a squad of ANBU made themselves known. They all bowed and left through the door but one, leaving only the three.

"Gomen Naruto, but you have to understand that it was necessary just in case the Kyuubi was still in control of you. Though in my opinion if it was, the village wouldn't still be standing, and I'd be in trouble."

"Save for you and a few others, you're correct this village would be rubble." The fox thought, making Naruto chuckle lightly.

"Well since the topic has actually changed to why I'm here, might as well get to it. But first I want to explain a few things about the Kyuubi...firstly there was a very good reason why it attacked the village twelve years ago. Secondly while you are correct that the Kyuubi isn't controlling me, the fact of the matter is that Kyuubi had never controlled me at all, I left at my own discretion, and it was actually Kyuubi that was my sensei while I was gone. The final thing, because of this seal's purpose other then containment...who you see before you isn't the real me...oh and the Kyuubi is a woman, hence why I never said 'him' or 'he'." He finished, rapidly went through a short series of hand seals, while the little fox jumped to the floor right next to him. "KAI (Release)!" He spoke before a large plumb of smoke surrounded both him and the fox.