CHAPTER 14

Author's POV

It's been a month since Melaina been there, and today was when the other school came with Mai and Toudou . However, Kugasaki and Fushiguro were at the vending machine as Toudou and Mai came, Toudou had attacked Fushiguro and Mai kept a gun at Kugasaki's stomach.

Although, Melaina was with the Second-Years discussing about a weapon she was thinking about retrieving but Melaina had heard something where her two classmates where.

"Is something wrong?" Panda asked Melaina as she didn't realized that she stopped walking and she was quiet.

"Are students allowed to fight on campus?" Melaina asked as she scrunched her eyebrows listing closely from where the fight was.

"Only for training, why?" Maki asked as the three Second-Years were confused.

"It's better if I just show you." Melaina said, she then went over to Maki, covered her eyes with her hand and then she shared her Thermal Sense with Maki. Melaina then uncovered Maki's eyes only for Maki to see from afar where Fushiguro was fighting Toudou, and Mai shooting Kugasaki.

"It's Toudou and Mai. Panda, Inumaki, Melaina, go get Megumi and I'll get Nobara." Maki monotonously said as they parted ways, and when the three students saw Fushiguro's state, Inunaki used his Cursed Speech.

"Don't move." Inumaki said as Toudou stopped his movements, then Panda came and attacked Toudou with a punch as Melaina was at Fushiguro's side; glaring at Toudou.

"Guess I won't be bored after all." Toudou sneered as Fushiguro glared at him, then Melaina helped Fushiguro up and then Toudou left back to Mai.

"Are you okay?" Melaina asked Fushiguro, he looked at her to see her with a emotionless face, he always see her smiling but this time it was different.

"I'm fine." He simply said as Melaina grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to Shoko, but she wasn't there. So Melaina grabbed a bucket of water, a sponge, alcohol, and she made bandages from her tissue.

"What are doing?" Fushiguro asked her, she gently grabbed his face as she took of her cloth from her eyes and turned off her Thermal Sense.

"I've noticed that you get hurt a lot...and Shoko isn't here so I'm going to have to patch you up myself." Melaina said. She then started cleaning the blood off Fushiguro's face, she checked if there was any injuries on his head and then she wrapped his head with her bandages.

"You're good at this." Fushiguro complemented Melaina as she blushed and chuckled in response.

"I've always had to patch up my dad when he finished with his training, respecting my dad was one thing I had to do when he passed away; especially when he's dead." Melaina's smile turned into a small frown, Fushiguro noticed that and decided to bring up the mood.

"You wanted to be a doctor?" Fushiguro asked her as she was almost done wrapping the bandages around his head.

"I wanted to be one, but things change for me. Not everything goes as plan for me all the time, so I guess it's not a job for me to take. I actually work as a Cultural anthropology and archaeology in Tokyo City, something I've always gotten an 'A' in class." Melaina happily said as Fushiguro felt warm in the inside when she said that.

"That's good." He simply said as she finished wrapping the bandages around his head, but when she took her hands away from him, he grabbed her wrists and stared at and she blushed.

"Fushiguro..." Melaina quietly said as he stood up and their bodies were close together, he then let go of her wrists and cupped her face gently.

"I've met you before. At the park, you were that girl that took a picture of me, but then you left. I should've caught you right then." Fushiguro whispered to Melaina as she felt herself get warm and fuzzy, remembering that moment. As Melaina looked over his shoulder at the window to see a figure nodded his head in disapproval and then disappeared.

"I..uh..need to go." Melaina said as she escaped from Fushiguro's gentle touch and ran out of the nurse room, leaving Fushiguro distrouted.

Melaina's POV 

I wanted to go back to Fushiguro, but I couldn't. I stopped running when I was at the forest, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed someone I could trust.

"Hello?"
"Can I talk to you if you have time?"
"I can talk now, would you like me to pick you up?"
"I can walk, can you send me your address?"
"Alright."

Then he hung up, and as I was walking, I got his address and I started walking to his house but when I got there, it was a fancy apartment. I went inside, pressed the 20th floor and went to room 85 and then I knocked on the door only for the man I trusted opened the door.

"You came faster than I expected." Nanami said as offered her inside, I started looking through everything with my Thermal Sense.

"What did you wanted to talk about?" Nanami asked her as he grabbed some wine and we sat on the couch, I looked at the wine bottle and immediately started drinking as Nanami stared at me in shock.

"My Curses think it's blood, so I have to drink. The reason I came here was about Fushiguro." I said taking a small sip of the wine.

"What about Fushiguro?" Nanami asked tilting his head to the side.

"I don't what to feel towards him. I can't love him, I know what feelings are, however, rejecting him is one thing I can't do." I said taking small sips of wine as Nanami listened closely.

"Then love each other, you don't have to be partners in a relationship but be lovers with rules." Nanami said, I sighed as I felt weight on myself.

"I think that'll work, if not...then we'll make it work!" I said with so much enthusiasm. I then bid my goodbye to Nanami but as I was about to leave, he snatched wine bottle from my hand.

"Not on my watch." Nanami said as he closed the door as I pouted with a little puff and then I walked back to Jujustu High, when I got there it was 7pm and I snuck into my dorm where I immediately collapsed on my bed and fell asleep, slightly hearing the sound of a beautiful melody of a music box.