Prologue: The History of Elementia

"Long ago, in a place not so far away, lived 10 people called elementals. These people could control one of the ten elements, along with a talisman, to fight the evil, magic mixing lands around: Fire with the Magnum of Magnitude, Sun with the Canister of Courage,Potion with the Vial of Vigilance, Oracle with the Cauldron of Curses, Ice with the Vase of Valor, Plant with the Cornucopia of Composier, Construction with the Gauntlet of Greatness, Moon with the Casket of Charisma, Water with the Vessel of Victor, and Air with the Basket of Bravery. Together, they defeat the surrounding lands, gaining a piece of their culture with every victory.

The elementals lived in harmony for...20 minutes before realizing they needed a ruler. One problem: they all wanted to be that ruler. They fought for power, but before they could kill each other, another Elemental emerged from the discordance.

Her name was Persephone Evans, after the Greek goddess flowers and Queen of the underworld. She was powerless, and held no talisman, but was smart, skillful, and could rule without their being a power imbalance. She declared that she should be the empress, for she was fair and just. The others were hesitant, remembering how she fought against other lands, but agreed after some conditions were made: to give everyone separate kingdoms so there was no mixed magic, and have council meetings to keep peace.

They held a coronation a few months later, crowning her as Empress of Elementia. The others parted ways, taking some of the pure commoners they kept alive and started their very own kingdoms."