11. Second Drop

Hakeem in Multimedia

Kaden

I sat in one of Mario's cars as I waited for him to come out of one of the trap houses he was working for. The nigga who supplied him with the work was inside, and he was taking a little longer than usual to come out.

I started to bite my nails as I worried about Mario. I had accompanied him on two drops, one being last week, and one right now. The last one it only took him 15 minutes. It had been almost 2 hours now ! Wtf was his ass doing ?

I sighed and ran my hands down my face as I decided to take off my seat belt and go inside of the trap house. I walked up the stone built steps and knocked on the door exactly how Mario did.

To me, it ain't make sense to have a knock code. If opps but busting this shit down then it's the O anyway.

"Any shoes I can borrow bruh?"

The man behind the door nodded and unlocked the various locks before opening the door and quickly closing it behind me. (Yes it was a dumb ass code, but aye niggas who sold drugs was never really that smart.)

"Yo what yo ass doing here ?"

I turned around to see Hakeem pointing a gun to my head. I simply chuckled and rolled my eyes. This bitch ass nigga ain't put no fear in my heart.

"I'm looking for Mario, been a minute since he came in."

I simply stated as I looked Hakeem directly in his eyes. Something seemed off. All the naked broads that were making the work stopped to look at me, making me feel queasy. I wasn't used to this, but I learned not to let certain shit scare me.

"KADEN ITS A SET UP RUN !"

I heard Mario's Mexican ass yell so I took off running, quickly trying to get the locks open. I felt a searing pain through my shoulder but kept pushing as I finally got the door open and jetted to the car. I started it and waited to see if Mario would jump in.

I couldn't leave my nigga behind, and if this was a set up for real then I knew niggas was gone start shooting this bitch up. Just as I was about to panic, Mario hopped in the car and I pushed on the gas before he could even shut the door.

"Man where do we go ?!" I panicked as I felt my shoulder leaking blood. I didn't even know if the bullet went all the way through or not.

"Man we drive to a fucking hospital, we should be good I ain't got shit on me right now, I left it in Hakeem trap."

I sighed and drove to the Sacred Heart Hospital on Maine street.

Once we parked and walked in the hospital, they immediately took me into surgery. I could only hear bits and pieces as they put an oxygen mask over my face. I started to drift to sleep and the only thing I could think about is why would Mario drive us right to a set up ?

. . . . . . . . . . . .

I woke up to the beeping of a heart monitor. I felt a weight on my stomach and turned my head to see long braids covering the bed.

"Maria?"

I asked shakily and her head shot up. Her eyes were blood red and she had dried snot on her upper lip.

I broke out into a grin as tears started to run down her face. "Wipe that shit off yo lip, shit look triphe."

She jumped into the bed with me and kissed my lips over and over, barely giving me time to breathe. I grabbed her hips as he started to tug her top off.