High School Students are Weird...

Start from the beginning

'She really is related to the Student Council President.'

Surprisingly, Kikyou was not affected. She just continued to embrace me while swaying left and right. Is hugging really that fun? Should I try it on someone?

"Is there something wrong, Horikita-san~?"

"Oh, everything is quite fine, Kushida Kikyou-san."

Sensing that that situation was escalating and already tired from Onodera's solicitation, I removed myself from the embrace and let them deal with whatever was the problem.

So long as it didn't concern me, I won't do anything to better or possibly worsen the situation.

Running back to the changing room, I quickly changed out of my uniform and headed to my next class. 

'High school is so hard...'

Ring~ Ring~

The bell rang signifying the end of class. Students got up, packing their backs in preparation to go to their dorms or to go to one of the many recreational facilities in the school.

"Kikyou-chan, do you want to stop by a café on the way home?"

"Un, let's go! Ah, but wait a bit. I want to ask one more person."

After being invited by one of her friends, Kikyou walked towards... me? 

"Kiyone-chan, I'm going to the café with my friend. If you'd like, would you like to join?"

Suzune and I go home together. Apparently we were neighbors. I just didn't see her back then because I go to school very early. Since then, we have been going to and back to school together.

I'm quite interested, but I didn't want to disappoint Suzune. Café with other high school acquaintances, more friends, closer to a normal life; but Suzune would go home alone. 

"It's... fine. You can go, Kiyone. I have a lot of things to do anyway."

"Thank you."

Somehow, I felt that I needed Suzune's permission. Receiving her reply, I accepted the invitation. After packing my stuff up, I went to out with Kikyou's group.

Our group consisted out Satou, Mei-Yu, Matsushita, as well as Kikyou and I. All people whom I am familiar with. The group exchanged pleasantries and initiated conversations with one another as we made our way to Pallet Café.

Entering the establishment, I was greeted with the innocuous and lively conversation of the people around me. 

Lining up, we decided to what we were going to orders. The menu was filled with things I so desperately wanted to try. All of it looked delicious.

As the person in front of me left, I proceeded to move forward and orate my order to the cashier.

"I'll take the deluxe pancake and a sundae, please."

I'm looking forward to this meal. I wasn't allowed to eat different kinds of food back then. It was just the same bland and uninteresting yet nutritious meal. I couldn't contain my eagerness in my voice.

This school, little by little, is changing who I am. I feel grateful for the people who had allowed me to be here.

"T-that'll be 11,291 p-points please."

She seems red? There are a lot of people here, serving such large groups of people should be exhausting. I hope she doesn't mess up my order though.

Paying the bill with my student ID, I went around the shop looking for a vacant seat. Finding one near the center of the café, I sat down and waited for the other to finish giving their orders and arrive.