spook forty five ;; ☾

Start from the beginning

you sighed before softly murmuring to yourself. "well... he's not acting like he's out for revenge."

'i really... don't know what to do.' you stared at the shirt in your hands, a fluttery feeling rising to your chest. 'i can't kill him... but i can't let nene and kou be trapped here.'

"misfortune, you're sure taking your time... are you done changing?" your head snapped up at amane's voice, your face erupting in warmth.

"ah, yeah! sorry..." you picked up your bag, padding towards the boys peering cautiously into the classroom. "here's your shirt."

"hold onto it for me? i don't have my bag right now." amane said nonchalantly, grabbing your hand. "come on, let's have fun."

"lots of fun!" tsukasa added, clapping his hands in excitement. youbnodded with a thoughtful hum.

"...yeah. let's make the most of it."

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

you reached out and opened the door leading to the roof, urging on the boys ahead of you as they gasped in amazement. a few of your classmates turned as the door swung shut, waving with welcoming smiles.

"hey, l/n san, yugi kun!" a girl called, tucking her hair behind her ear. you hesitantly waved back, traces of a smile playing on your lips.

"woah!" amane kun exclaimed as his brother dashed to the center of the roof. "it's a real party up here!"

"yeah..." you wrinkled your nose. "really loud. looks like everybody's here."

"well, we do have perfect conditions for stargazing tonight. don't worry, we can find a less crowded place to sit." the dark haired boy comforted you before patting his telescope. "so what do you want to look at, y/n? the stars, or the meteor shower?"

"uh..." you tipped your head. "i'm not too sure, i'm pretty conflicted..."

'but not for the reasons you think. stargazing shouldn't be at the top of my mind right now.' you thought guiltily. 'i need to find another way out of here... before we lose our memories of the real world.'

"yugi kun!"

you turned at the familiar voice, eyes wide.

"akane kun!" you exclaimed, relief flooding your senses.

'oh, good... he's back to normal.' you thought with a sigh, glancing around the roof. 'in that case... aoi should be okay too!'

"what's up?" amane asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. akane kun laughed sheepishly, holding his book about the night sky to his chest.

"i was just hoping i could get you to adjust my telescope. i want to look at venus, but i can't get it to work... think you can do it?"

the dark haired boy nodded, ducking down besides akane's telescope and starting to turn the knobs on the side. "leave it to me."

you peered over akane's shoulder at his book, which was littered with images of stars and planets. after a few heartbeats, amane beamed.