Khatta Meetha Buddies!

Start from the beginning

Khushi pouted, "I'm not being stubborn.. I know how Rocky is because I observed him closely. You know Nav.. I've decided when I grow up, I want to be a Veterinarian! And Rocky is my first animal patient.. I'm his choti doctor."

Arnav chuckled, "Choti doctor as a veterinarian you won't get to treat cute doggies and cats everytime. You'll have to treat other sick animals like Snakes!"

"You'll be my first patient in this case, you poisonous Snakewa!" she started hitting his arms making Arnav laugh at her.

"Let me study.. You're distracting me now," Arnav said as he turned serious again, trying to concentrate on his books now.

"Nav let's go and have lunch na.. you'll study later.. I'm hungry now," Khushi said as she started taking her tiffin out of her school bag.

"No.. I'm not hungry, you go!" he said nodding sideways.

"Abhi bhi naraz ho mujhse? (Are you still angry with me?)"

"Tumse koi khafa reh sakta hai kya? (Can anyone be angry with you?)" he said with an almost invisible smile on his face, his eyes fixed on his book.

Khushi smiled chirpily, "Now that you said that, you'll have to eat with me now."

"No Khuhi. I'm really not hungry. Tum jao before break time gets over," Arnav said.

Khushi pouted, nodding her head unwillingly. She took her tiffin and before leaving, she pecked his cheek smiling, "Thank you Nav!"

Arnav smiled to himself. He knew she was thanking him for not scolding her a lot after getting to know she gifted his hoodie to her neighbor dog, Rocky, her first animal patient.

After the lunch, Khushi came back to their desk, she took her seat beside Arnav happily. Then showed to him that she didn't finish her food in the tiffin and he can eat her food later in the next break time.

Lavanya approached their desk, she stood on the opposite side of the desk, facing Arnav, "Arnav can I borrow your pencil? Mine broke!"

Arnav nodded his head as he handed it to her. Lavanya smiled, "Thank you so much Arnav," then she went back to her desk.

Arnav looked at Khushi's side smirking, "See learn something from a well mannered girl like Lavanya.. she asked for permission before taking my belongings!"

"I don't need to ask permission," Khushi glared at him, "Our friendship is different than your friendship with Anya!"

Arnav smiled heartily, pinching her chubby cheeks to which she slapped his arm, looking away angry with him for praising Lavanya and mocking her.

************************************

Saturday Basketball Match

Khushi's family, Arnav-Akash-Anjali's family, Lavanya & Aman's family, Sheetal & NK's family and Shyam's family (invited by Khushi) took their respective seats in the middle stands of the basketball camp to watch their kids basketball match.

It's a team girls vs team boys match so all the kids were warming up before they start to play. Arnav took this opportunity to introduce the new addition in their close friends group to his Di and Akash bhai.

"Di.. Akash bhai.. meet Shyam bhai. He's Khuhi's neighbor friend. He recently moved to a new house, the one next to Khuhi's house," Arnav said as he stood beside Shyam, introducing him to Anjali and Akash, then he looked up at Shyam, "And Shyam bhai, she's my sister Anjali and he's my cousin brother, Akash."

"Hi," Shyam smiled at Anjali and Akash and both greeted him as well.

"Introduction ho gaya.. Now excuse us Di, we need to discuss our strategies to win the match!" Arnav smiled sarcastically to Anjali, gesturing her to leave him with his boys team now.