You tidied up your weapons, slung the longsword you'd just taken from the wandering knight behind your back, and strapped your staff to your waist, and sat down on the saddle.  "Come on, Torrent!" you said to the spirit horse, and you walked out of the forest.

   You ride all the way to the outside of Murkwater Cave, but since Torrent cannot be summoned inside, you jump off your horse before entering the cave.  As soon as you enter the cave, you will find a grace in front of you, and you immediately touch the blessing.  As you prepare to move on, you see a message next to Blessing that reads: There are treasures in the cave on the right.

   Sure enough, the 2000 runes were not wasted in vain!

   You dodge the mobs in front of you and sneak into the cave on the right.  Sure enough, there was a finely carved treasure chest in the center of the cave. You stepped forward to open the treasure chest, thinking that there would be some high-end equipment in it, but it turned out that there were only cloth jackets and cloth trousers.

   "Damn, what a bunch of liars," you cursed, but you put your clothes in your backpack.  It's not bad to wear it as pajamas.

   You got up and planned to leave, but at this moment you heard a familiar voice saying, "Well,we'll,well?Thought you'd just help yourself to a man's personal belongings? You scheming little thief. The gods demand repentance!Cough up your coin, all of it!"

   Suddenly, a bald man jumped down from the top of the cave.  The man is much older than you and looks neither benign nor malicious, but very alert.  He looked sly and not handsome at all.

   The moment you saw the bald head, your eyes widened in surprise.  "Patches? Damn, why did you appear in the Elden Ring?!" You were surprised and delighted. You never expected to meet an old acquaintance, Patches, in the Elden Ring. You know that Patches is a signature character of FromSoftware .  An indispensable character in the game, and also known for being insidious and cunning, he likes to trick players, even more despicable than outsiders.

   But Patches didn't seem to hear what you said. He slashed at you with his sword. You saw the opportunity to raise a small wooden shield.  , Patches's health bar was quickly cut in half.  You had planned to cut a few more knives, but Patches actually knelt down and surrendered.

   "Wait, wait!" Patches yelled, dropping his weapon. "I surrender! White flag and all!"

   You grinned for the first time since you came to the border.  "Your kneeling is really standard, let's just pretend it didn't happen, after all, I am not that evil." Then you dug out two golden runes from him.

   Patches breathed a sigh of relief, "Finally come around, have you?" The man glared at you with slender eyes, then squinted his mouth with a sly smile.  "I knew you would, you're a lady of reason, through and through! Ah—well what do you know? You're Tarnished like me. Now how did I get that wrong? I took you for a Demi-human or some such...an innocent mistake I assure you."

   "Demi-human? Bruh, I look good inside and out. Do I look like a Demi-human to you?" you snorted.

   "It's the first time I've met such a narcissistic woman..." Patches said bitterly, and then added: "Well, water under the bridge, now we squared up, how about we play nice from now on?"

   "Seeing as you and I are acquaintances in the game, I'll just pretend that nothing happened." You said.

   "Oh, a true lady of reason, just what I like about." His tone was cautious and slightly flattering.  "I'm  Patches, Patches the Untethered. Tarnished like you, only free spirited, nomadic, you might say. Only for now, those retired soldiers turned bandits and they're paying for my gruel, in exchange for my, well, showing them the ropes."  Having said this, he lowered the corner of his mouth.