Old Deuteronomy/Grizabella

There's a theory that old Deuteronomy is actually grizabella's foster dad, because when griz was abandoned by her parents as a kitten.

The theory/story goes that one day maybe somewhere between midday and evening, Deuteronomy was taking his daily walk at that time. Making his rounds through the neighborhood when he heard as loud mewling from a distance. He runs over to a big flower bush and looks into it, seeing a female kitten crying for help. He walks in, and looks down at her. Now to himself he's thinking; why would anyone leave their child out here in a beautiful flower bush?

But he leaned down and picked her up by her scrub and walked out of the bush.

When he came home that evening, Munk, Tugger, and Macavity (before he turned evil) we're at the door waiting for him. He steps in through the cat door holding kitten griz by her scruff...

Went inside he gently sets her down, and curiously, the tomkittens gather around her and surprise.

Who is she Papa? Says Munk

I found her out in the bush while on my walk. It seemed like she was totally abandoned. Says Deuteronomy

Is she going to stay with us? Asks Tugger.

Can we play with her? Ask Macavity

Deuteronomy chuckles. Yes and yes, but not right now she needs rest. And so do the three of you.

What will you name her papa? She doesn't look like she has a name.

And then after taking a good look at her beautiful glimmering coat. Munk says: you should call her grizabella.

And then you know the rest of the stories just simple and basic all Deuteronomy picks up all of his kittens by their scrub and take them to their big kitten bed the boys all share. Then he takes the griz and lays her by him in his cat tree so he can keep an eye on her.