Chapter 38: Storge

Start from the beginning

" Isn't that place dangerous? That's where I found Teucer and- "

" Oh? Are you concern about my safety? How kind of you. " Childe cut me off with a smile.

" No, I- "

" You should come with us Big Sister Lumine and Paimon! " I heard Teucer said and I looked at them.

" Now, Traveler... you're not the sort of person who would disappoint a kid now, are you? " Childe turned his attention to them and completely ignored me.

We all ended up at the so called 'Institute of Toy Research'. Teucer started exploring the place.

" Judging by your looks, it seems like you've been here before. " Childe told me, I chuckled at looked at him.

" Well, not exactly here. Only some places like these. " I told him.

" Of course. This is one of Dottore's research facilities. " Childe said and my eyes widen.

" Wh-what do you know about him? " I asked Childe.

" Hmm... Well, Dottore is another one of the Fatui Harbingers, I know you know that already. He loves tinkering with old things, it's a... personal passion of his. So, he converted these ruins into a Ruin Guard research lab. " Childe told me.

" I... I've been meaning to ask you about something, Childe... " I told him.

" Wow. Why so serious? Hahaha. Go on, what is it? " Childe said as we walk deeper into the ruins following Lumine, Teucer and Paimon from behind.

" Do you happen to know where Haeresys is? " I asked him.

" Hmm... Now that you mentioned it. I heard that quite often. But I don't know if it's a place, a person or a thing. Sorry... " Childe answered and I sighed.

" Well... You are the youngest and newest Harbinger... Of course you wouldn't know... " I told him.

" Why? What's wrong? Do you know what Haeresys is? " Childe asked me.

" Diluc told me... It's an underground arena used for experiments... Where captured test subjects are brought to fight unknown creatures or each other... I don't know... " I told Childe.

" With Dottore's attitude and interest, I think it's likely true that such place exist... " Childe told me.

" I need to destroy that place and save my brother... " I told him.

" Wait... You have a brother?! " Childe asked in shock and I nodded.

" Yeah, a younger brother. " I answered. When suddenly we heard a loud crash.

" Wow! Mr. Cyclops is moving! " We heard Teucer happily yelled.

" Oh shit. " I heard Childe cursed. " I shouldn't have spoiled him this much. " He continued.

I immediately ran towards the Ruin Guard with a sword made from dust slowly forming on my hand. " Close your eyes Teucer, you know glitters can blind. " I told him, Lumine covered Teucer's eyes and I quickly stabbed the Ruin Guard in the eye before it was able to stand up. Golden dust filled the entire place after the Ruin Guard exploded.

" So you stab your opponents and inject dust inside them until their body burst? " Childe asked me in a whisper.

" I never killed anyone, unlike you. " I whispered back.

" No wonder the Fatui are scared of you. " He said and laughed.

" You can uncover his eyes once the dust settles. " I told Lumine until we paused for a while when we saw a lot of Ruin Guards being brought and drop.

" What's with the loud noice? " Teucer asked us.

" How about we play hide and seek? Close your eyes and count down from 60. " Childe told Teucer as the Ruin Guards started moving.

" Now? But- "

" I have a surprise y'know. But before that you better count to 60. " Childe told him as Lumine still covers Teucer's eyes.

" Fine... 60 is really a long time, though. " Teucer said and he started counting.

" There's not much time. Let's clear these hazards out. " Childe said as we ran towards those Ruin Guards. I looked at Childe and nodded. We threw slashed at those Ruin Guards, defeating them one by one.

" Are you guys okay? What's all that crashing and banging? " Teucer asked.

" Don't worry it's all part of the surprise. " Childe said with a laugh. After that the last Ruin Guard standing fell unto its knees, and suddenly another batch of them arrived. I heard Childe groaned in annoyance. Lumine got worried, she turned Teucer around.

" You guys ready? " Teucer asked.

" Give us... Another 10 seconds Teucer... Still hiding... " Childe said with a sigh as the Ruin Guards started approaching us.

" Hmph. Fine. " Teucer said and started counting.

~ Time skip, after all the Ruin Guards are defeated ~

Childe and I immediately hid inside another room as we catch our own breath. " That thing ... What you did earlier- "

" Was pretty cool right? " Childe said with a laugh.

" So this is the power of a Harbinger. " I told him with a smirk.

" Not gonna deny, you're pretty good yourself as well. " Childe told me, smirking back at me.

" There you are! " We heard Teucer said and saw him running towards our direction.

" Can I bring home one of those big size Mr. Cyclops? " Teucer happily asked Childe. My eyes widened and I stared at Childe. Childe chuckled and took something on his pocket.

" Sorry Teucer, but Mr. Cyclops would be sad if you take one of his friends away... So, Mr. Cyclops wanted to give this to you instead. " Childe said and handed Teucer a Ruin Guard figurine with his name on it.

" Wow! I never knew they have sizes like this! Thank you brother! " Teucer happily said and gave Childe a hug.

~ Time skip, back to Liyue Harbor ~

" Although... I gotta admit, Childe's a loving Big Brother. He went through such lengths just to make his little brother happy, incredible... " I told Ningguang and she just chuckled as she continued to comb my hair.

" Don't tell me you're slowly taking a liking on him because of that? " Ningguang paused and asked me while staring at my reflection through the mirror.

" Of course not, no matter what happens he is still an enemy. " I told her and she chuckled and continued combing my hair.

" Just making sure. " She said and started tying it up.

" Even after that Transformation and that abyssal energy he exerted, he still has his own consciousness intact. " I told Ningguang.

" He's no ordinary man indeed. No wonder he was the youngest to ever become a Harbinger. You better be careful... " She said and turned the chair around for me to face her.

" You always tell me that. " I said with a chuckle. She then cupped my face.

" Of course, you are all that I have. I'd rather lose everything, but not you. Mora, the Jade Chamber and these other finite things are easily replaceable. " Ningguang said and hugged me.

" Now that's a long way to say you love me... I love you too... " I said and hugged her back. Ningguang stared at me and we both laughed at each other.