Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

There was a fully stocked bar along the back wall, next to it were the double doors that opened out onto the balcony area, which had a hot tub on it. In the lounge area there was a large L-shaped couch that face a huge flat screen tv and fireplace. To the left was the ultra sleek kitchen, which admittedly Y/N hadn't used a lot since room service was often the easier choice. Cooking hadn't been something they'd ever really mastered. 

"Can I get you a drink?" Y/N asked as they slipped off their leather jacket and chucked it onto the back of the couch. 

"Sure I'll have whatever you're having" Nat nodded as she looked around the suite, the place was the definition of luxury, it reminded Nat of the kinds of places Tony liked to stay in when he was travelling around for Stark Industry business. Tony and Dimitri would probably get on like a house on fire with their tastes. 

Y/N mixed drinks for them before heading over to where Nat had sat down on the couch. If someone had told them at the start of today that they would be sitting here with Natalia, Y/N would have laughed in their face at how absurd it was. 

"How have you been?" Nat asked as she took the glass that Y/N offered to her. 

Sitting down on the couch, Y/N angled themselves so they were facing toward Natalia. They considered her question for a moment, taking a sip of their drink. 

"I'd be lying if I said I'd been great, but I've been doing better though. Just been taking each day as it comes" Y/N answered, they weren't ready to explain everything to Nat just yet. To tell her about the sleepless nights, the night terrors that had gotten worse and the fact that they were struggling with anxiety attacks that had at times rendered them completely paralysed. 

"What happened Y/N, I should have never let things get to that point. The way I let you be treated in New York, it was so wrong and I hate myself for not putting a stop to it. When Maze turned up I knew there was no way I could not let you go but it broke my heart. I lost you once and then I let it happen all over again" Nat started talking the words rushing out of her, "I tried to be okay with letting you go but everyday I woke up and I just felt like a piece of me was missing. Which is why I came here to see you because I don't want to be without you"

Nat felt the tears gather in the corners of her eyes as she spoke. All the regret and heartbreak bubbling to the surface as she confessed to Y/N. 

Setting their drink down on the coffee table, Y/N then moved closer to Nat and gently lifted their hand up and with the tip of their thumb delicately wiped the tear away that had been rolling down Nat's cheek. 

"Natalia I should be the one apologising to you for the way I pushed you away. The things I said to you they weren't fair, they were cruel and said out of anger" Y/N said gently, "The only time I don't feel like a ghost is when you look at me, because when you look at me, you see me. All of me, the bad and the good."

Y/N gently held Natalia's face in their hands, their eyes meeting hers. 

"I love you. I've always been in love with you Natalia. We're supposed to end up together. We're meant to be. I don't want to live without you, and I'm going to do everything in my power to prove it. I'm done trying to run from my past, I don't want it to control me anymore. I want to make a future with you." 

Nat felt like her heart was going to burst as she listened to what Y/N was saying, she hadn't expected this when she'd got on the jet to come to Budapest. She had been prepared for Y/N to hate her, to yell at her and tell her to leave and never come back. 

Leaning in, Nat kissed Y/N softly. Y/N let their hands drop down to grip Natalia's waist and pulled her across onto their lap. The kiss deepened as Nat pressed herself closer to Y/N, her arms wrapped around Y/N's neck. 

Brushing their tongue against Nat's lower lip, Y/N felt a rush of satisfaction at the small moan that escaped through Nat's lips as the kiss became more intense. Y/N ran a hand teasingly along the inside of Nat's thigh as they kissed, after so long it was impossible to resist how much they wanted her. 

"Are you really sure this is what you want?" Nat asked breaking the kiss for a moment, "That I'm what you want?" 

"I am very very sure Natalia" Y/N smiled seductively before moving to press a trail of kisses down Nat's neck, "Why don't I show you just how much I want you?"

A shiver of anticipation ran down Nat's spine at the lustful tone in Y/N's voice. 

"Show me then Y/N..." Nat murmured, a soft gasp of pleasure passing through her lips as Y/N nipped at the curve of her neck. 

"It would be my absolute pleasure darling" Y/N smirked as they lifted Nat up with them as they stood up from the couch, carrying her toward the bedroom.