Chapter 24

Judging that Humprey could not provide him with any useful information regarding the book « Princess Ellencia, » Philomel moved on to the next question.

« Perhaps a great wizard will be able to tell if he is using his magic? »

« No matter how great he is, he can't be accurate... »

« Even if he's a great Magic Tower Master? »

This was the key information Philomel asked. The grandmaster of the magic tower. That was the title that referred to the owner of the Magic Tower. He had also been described as Philomel's biological father in the novel < Princess Ellencia>.

'I can't imagine what kind of person he is, as there is very little information about him in the book...'

Humphrey should have a little more information regarding the owner of the Tower since he was there until recently. But Humphrey's hand holding the teacup began to dip mercilessly.

« Who, who? The...Owner of the Tower......? »

« Yes, the Grandmaster of the Tower. »

« Why do you ask that ....? »

« I was thinking that maybe the Grandmaster of the Tower might be able to see the future accurately. »

'What's with the reaction? He's reacting as if he doesn't want to hear anything.'

Still, Philomel continued her questioning with a slight shake of her head.

« By the way, who is the owner of the tower? »

« ...Uh......He's a grand wizard. »

« Yes, I know that. »

« He's a Sage from the north. »

« I know. »

« And, and.... »

Humphrey suddenly grips his stomach.

« Ouch, stomach ache! I'm sorry your highness. Please allow me to withdraw. »

« What? Oh, okay, go ahead. »

Humphrey, who was holding his stomach, slipped out of the room. Judging by his yellow face, it didn't look like a fake illness: he was really sick.

'What is this...?'

After Humphrey's hasty departure, Philomel finished her tea before leaving the magic building. From then on, Philomel asked similar questions of several wizards in the court.

The wizards snorted at the Prophecy, and knew nothing in particular about the Master of the Magic Tower, or said much about her issues.

'As expected, I have no choice but to meet him in person,' Philomel swore to herself as she walked painfully on her way back. As soon as she managed to escape from the palace, she would visit her biological father, who had been the first to become the master of the tower. Perhaps the owner of the Tower would know something about the book <Princess Ellencia>.

'And....'

She wondered what kind of person he was. Back at the palace, in her residence, Philomel went straight to check if the book was still safe in the lockbox. For now, it was best to keep it here.

« Why did you come into my hands? After all, didn't you fall in my garden? »

Of course, she got no answer. With a sigh, Philomel closed the door of the coffer.

Time passed again and Philomel turned twelve. Entering the Emperor's study, Philomel bowed gently to Eustis, delicately lifting the end of her dress.

« Your Majesty, it's a beautiful afternoon. »