"I am, quite a considerate person if I do say so myself." You bragged, with a sarcastic smile.

"Well since you're so considerate I'm sure it'll be no problem for you to get the chicken out of the fridge?" Osamu shrugged.

You perked up at the mention of chicken.

Chicken onigiri's are my favourite.

You were sure Osamu knew that.

"Of course not." You stood up to get the chicken for him.

While you did that Osamu started rolling the first rice ball and indented it for the filling, which you then filled with the chicken and some mayonnaise.

Once they had all been filled it was time to shape them.

"No, no, no." Osamu scolded you. "Shape it like this." He gestured to the perfectly triangular shaped one within his hands.

"Like this?" You halfheartedly asked.

"What the hell? No."

"Then show me." You scoffed, ready to give up in the face of his perfectionism.

To your surprise, he came up behind you, reaching his arms over yours making your breath hitch.

Osamu enclosed his hands over yours to correctly shape the rice ball into a perfect triangle.

"Got it?" He asked, his voice coming from behind you.

"Yep... got it." You tightly smiled, looking at where your hands could no longer be seen below his.

"Good." He stated pulling away to make more.

You could physically feel the spike in your heart beat and willed it to calm down, picking up another rice ball.

"So... like this right?"

Osamu took one look and sighed, "...just let me do it."

🍙

You took your first bite into the fresh onigiri, exclaiming, "Samuu, this is sooooo good!

Osamu, sitting next to you, ate some as well, nodding his head in satisfaction.

"No, like actually, this is restaurant quality. It's so good!" You went on.

Osamu looked at you and smiled.

"Thanks."

"Oh my god I got the best idea! You should open a shop for onigiri one day!"

"Wait, wait no!" You counteracted yourself. "We should do it together! We can be business partners" you joked.

"That not a bad idea, I'd honestly rather that than go pro for volleyball" Osamu admitted thoughtfully.

"I wasn't being serious." You told him with an amused smile.

"Well it's not a bad idea." He repeated, a certain assurance in his voice.

"You don't wanna go pro?" You asked with a genuine curiousness.

You thought Osamu was really good at volleyball and would probably have no trouble going pro. You were sure Atsumu at least would continue volleyball after high school.

"I just don't love it enough to play as a career. I think I want to pursue something more food oriented." Osamu told you truthfully.

"Well if that actually ever happens— the onigiri shop, promise me we'll do it together." you laughed, eating the last bit of your onigiri with a satisfied sigh.

"I promise." Osamu swore, muffled by the food in his mouth.

~~~~~

I just want to point out that if something ever doesn't make sense it might be bc I changed a part of the story as I am actively fixing/ rewriting parts.