twenty-two

Entering the lab, you felt your body shiver in fear. Your face went pale as you saw gadgets you had never thought of before.

"Please, go in here" Shuri ordered, opening a glass container/room.

"In there?" you curiously asked, "In an enclosed space?"

"Stop being rude and just get in, goddammit" Bucky muttered under his breath. It broke his heart to say these things to you. God, it took a toll on him mentally. He feels like a jerk for doing it, but it's the only way to keep you safe If you hate him enough, there won't be room for love. While you hate him he'll be at ease knowing you're safe.

If T'Challa and Shuri can figure out how to help you, then maybe it's all worth it.

Without a word you gave T'Challa the Soviette book and walked into the container.

Bucky's eyes wanted to jump out of his sockets as you handed the book to T'Challa. You didn't even want people to look at it...and you just hand it over to T'Challa?

Bucky wanted to scream, cry, and shout at the same time. An indescribable pain shot throughout his body. Sam patted his back in reassurance and he calmed down...for now.

"Great! We should be able to scan her and be able to figure out what's going on" Shuri exclaimed, locking the glass room.

You stood there idly. You thought this trip was for Bucky.

You just stood in the small glass room, its walls padded with soft white pillows, not knowing what they were saying outside the container.

"By the way, it's soundproof" Shuri smiled as she knocked on the glass.

"So what exactly going to do to her?" Sam asked.

"Thermal scans, samples of her blood, and a demonstration of her powers. We'll keep her in there until I can find out how to fix her. I'd call it an observation."

"She won't be lonely in there?" Bucky coughed

"It's just a day or two in there. She can survive, I'm sure of it" she reassured Sam and Bucky.

"Shuri is a technology expert, much like your beloved Tony Stark..." T'Challa quietly added.

"I don't understand what you all are doing but I don't enjoy living in glass containers" you mumbled. No one heard you though, soundproof, as Shuri had said.

"I'm running a few thermal scans. My indoor sensors have detected an abnormally low body temperature," she said, clicking her tongue.

"James. Sam. I would like to have a word with you two" T'Challa announced, "Do me a favor and follow me, please"

Sam and Bucky followed, both wondering, what must be so important that the King needs to talk with them.

"Sam, I am extremely pleased to hear about your new title as Captain America." T'Challa then spoke.

"Thank you, I truly am honored to hold its mantle"

"Tell me, Captain," T'Challa said, stopping at a balcony that overlooked his kingdom, "Where did you find Ms. Y/N?"

"At the beginning of the Flag Smashers incident, she was assigned to help me and Bucky track them down. Joaquin Torres was in charge of her at the time."

"Why does she seem...afraid of everyone?"

"What do you mean?" Bucky coughed, looking at Sam wide-eyed.

"She was behind you both when exiting the plane. She threw Shuri onto the ground, thinking she was being attacked. She was hesitant to enter the capsule. Is there more I need to say?"