Love At First Bite ≫ Silverstream x Male! Reader

Art: VanyCat

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Minor gore

****

You threw yourself into the RiverClan warrior, knocking them off their paws and successfully freeing Mousefur from their grasp. The dusky-brown she-cat was bleeding heavily from a deep gash on her shoulder, and her green eyes were hazy with pain. You nudged her to her paws, jerking your muzzle in the direction of ThunderClan camp. "Quick, Mousefur! Run!" Mousefur heaved herself to her paws with a grunt, then disappeared into the thick shadows of night. You were too busy making sure she fled safely from the scene of the battle to notice the silver-and-white tabby sneaking up behind you. All you had time to register before she pounced on your back and sank her claws into your shoulders was the flash of her blue eyes in the dark and the weight that sent you crashing to the ground. With a deep-throated snarl, you vaulted yourself upward, throwing your attacker off your back with ease. You whirled around, squinting through the blood that was dripping into your eyes, but you froze in place. It was the pretty silver she-cat you'd seen at gatherings. You didn't know much about her, but you'd heard her name mentioned several times. Silverstream. She took full advantage of your stupidly-timed admiration, lunging forward and sinking her teeth into your ear. You let out a screech of pain and fought against her grasp, but to no avail. She released her grip with a harsh pull of her head, tearing a chunk of your left ear away with it. You hissed through gritted teeth, thrusting your hind paws into her slender belly. She toppled backward, landing on the wet stone with a splat. You sprang back to your paws, grimacing as a spurt of crimson sprayed from your torn ear. "You're on ThunderClan territory!" You snarled, rounding on her like a fox. "Get out of here before I have to hurt you!" In all honesty, you didn't want to hurt her worse than you already had. Even though she was from a rival clan — and you hated to admit this — you had always admired her strength and beauty.

Silverstream laughed harshly, unsheathing her claws and taking a step back in preparation to lunge for you again. "Oh no, (Y/N). I believe you will be the one leaving." She thrusted herself off her hind paws, reaching for you with outstretched claws. Suddenly, a flash of pale gray fur shot out in front of you, and Silverstream hit the ground with a loud grunt. Once the sprays of water cleared, you saw that Willowpelt had managed to tackle your rival just in the knick of time.

"Not if I can help it!" Your denmate growled, thrusting her muzzle into the RiverClan she-cat's face with a snarl. "Let this be a learning experience, fish-breath. When you mess with one ThunderClan warrior, you mess with all of us. Don't pick fights you won't be able to win." Willowpelt gave Silverstream a single swipe across her muzzle, then stepped off to the side and allowed the silver tabby to scramble back to her paws. She glared at you both, her hackles raised and shoulders spiky. She looked as if she were about to make another move, but before she could, a furious, grudge-filled snarl rang out across the clearing.

"RiverClan, retreat!"

The young RiverClan warrior narrowed her deep blue eyes, taking a deep breath and forcing her fur to lay flat. "Victory belongs to ThunderClan today," She growled lowly, "but next time, RiverClan will tear your pelt to shreds."

Willowpelt snorted, taking a step toward Silverstream and curling her lips back in a snarl. "We'll see about that, fish-face." The pretty silver tabby turned away, then cast you one last hatred-filled glance over her shoulder before charging after the defeated RiverClan warriors and into the darkness on the other side of Sunningrocks. Willowpelt relaxed once she was out of sight, then turned to you with a concerned expression.