Forgotten, But Never Gone

Start from the beginning

"Hello, I'll be your waiter for today. My name is Y/N." You introduced yourself again. "There you go S...sir." You caught yourself before revealing that you knew him. "Can I get you started with some drinks?"

"Water," Shin said bluntly. Your head turned to look at the other young man, but he was just staring at you with a prominent frown.

"Sir?" He continued to stare you down, almost as if he'd completely checked out and wasn't even there.

"...Hiyori," Shin whispered, snapping the man out of his daze.

His smile returned to his face, "I'll take a water as well." The man you now knew as Hiyori said.

"Alright... two waters. I'll be back in a moment." Shin made a small noise that probably came from fear or uncomfortableness.

Honestly, same, Shin.

Shin and Hiyori had been served their meals, but neither of them touched their food. Hiyori seemed to be talking to Shin, but Shin didn't seem very comfortable with the thought of speaking with him. While you waited on other tables, you couldn't help but notice how much Shin was shifting and fidgeting. He kept touching his head, probably to adjust his beanie, but it wasn't on his head, so he was just playing with his hair.

Every time you'd gone over to speak to their table, he looked so relieved to see you and worried when you left.

"Hello." You said when you approached the table, earning another glare from Hiyori. "Did either of you two young men arrive here in a car?"

Shin shook his head. "Why?" Hiyori asked, trying his best to hide his frustration, but failing.

"There's a Black Honda Civic outside that's alarm is going off and flashing."

Hiyori cursed under his breath. "I'll be back." He stood up and quickly made his way out of the restaurant.

You sat in his seat and stared at Shin, "Are you alright?"

"No. Help me, please." He looked miserable.

"He called you an old friend earlier. Was he lying?"

"...Not really. But the point is that he's not my friend currently, and I was worried about what he might do if I didn't meet up with him here."

"What do you mean?"

Shin sighed deeply, "There's not enough time for me to explain, just- please hide me. Tell him I died or something." He said, then quieter, "I wouldn't be the only one lying..."

You ignored his last comment and stood up. "Come on, I'll hide you in the break room."

"I owe you. Thank you so much." He stood up and followed closely behind. You led him to the break room, letting him sit at the table.

"If anyone asks why you're here, tell them to ask me."

"Wait- Did you say earlier that your name was Y/N?"

"Yes. Is that new information for you?"

"I mean, we've only talked twice. I like your name, though. Reminds me of my friend from high school..." Shin seemed to reminisce on the person mentioned, but his features turned sour, probably due to a not-so-happy memory.

"I'll be back."

"Mx. Y/N." A customer called for you. You turned to see Hiyori waving you over.

"How can I help you?" You plastered on a smile to hide your fear.

"Do you know where my beloved friend has gone? He's been missing since I went out to check my car." He smiled at you with an annoyed sort of grin.

"Oh, I believe he said he needed to leave because he'd gotten a call from his manager." You lied.