Chapter 10: A Game of Life and Friendship

Start from the beginning

I nod.

Rei: I can understand that... It's a pretty big thing for you guys.

Tae: Yeah. But... I'm more excited than anything. Sure, performing in front of an audience is still nerve-wracking, no matter how man times you do it. And this is a pretty big event, so we can't mess up. But nothing makes me happier than doing what I love alongside the people I love even more. That last part is what makes it all the more special. That's why I wanted to play with you.

A smile forms on my face.

Despite the time we spent apart, she and I never forgot the bond we formed when we were young. It never faded.

But also knowing Hana-chan has made such amazing friends who take such good care of her...

I couldn't be any happier for her.

Tae: But we've been practicing really hard for this. So there's no way we can mess it up.

She smiles with determination burning in her eyes.

I chuckle.

Rei: I wish you all the best of luck.

Tae: Thanks, Rei.

...

Rei: Hana-chan, listen, I--

Waitress: Here are your orders! Sorry it took a while.

I'm then interrupted by the waitress coming in to deliver our meals.

Waitress: One plate of lasagna...

She places the plate in front of me.

Waitress: ...And one large bowl of spaghetti bolognese.

She then dumps a gigantic bowl of spaghetti at the center of the table.

Its weight rattles the table.

Waitress: If there's anything else you need, just let us know, okay~?

Rei & Tae: Arigatōgozaimashita!

The waitress gives a warm smile before leaving us be.

I then turn back to our table, and the first thing that catches my eye is the big bowl spaghetti.

Hana-chan stares at it, eager to begin feasting on it.

Rei: That's a lot of pasta. Are you really gonna finish that all by yourself?

She then looks to me with a carefree smile.

Tae: No. You're gonna help me finish it.

Rei: Ehh?--

[Y/N]'S POV

After paying a painfully large amount of cash for a couple croquettes I unwillingly consumed and getting out of that place the first chance I got, I found myself walking down the busy city streets.

My stomach churns.

[Y/N]: Uuuu... Those guaca-mayo croquettes went down the wrong alley...

Seriously, what person in the right mind thinks of such an absurd combination?

That girl back at the shop was a handful... Her energy levels are alarmingly high.

Not to mention she's really loud.

I can only imagine how many complaints they get from the neighborhood.

...Unless she isn't always like that.

Whatever the case, I'm just glad to finally be out of that. I swear she was trying to choke me to death with those croquettes...

And pretty much squeeze my wallet empty.