𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

"...The virus..." Sanzu mumbled in realization as his eyes looked over at Y/n.

He could see that Y/n's hands were shaking as she stared down at him in horror. Was she in fear for her life because she was the so-called cure? What did she have that was the cure?

"Hey blood..." the man mumbled.

"S-sorry?" Marilyn asked.

"She's the so-called goddess because the blood flowing through her veins is the cure to the apocolypse," the man explained. "Ofcourse, it won't be enough for an entire country, but people are saying that she has blood related siblings who're still alive. Still not helping but it-"

Angered about what he'd just mentioned, Y/n punched him hard right across the face shutting him up before she slowly backed away. Tears forming in her eyes as she rushed out of the the place before Marilyn chased after her. The man spat out blood and he cursed at her from behind, but he didn't realize someone else remained there with him. Pulling out a gun, a psychotic smile crept onto Sanzu's face as his eyes looked over at the stranger in front of him with a horrified look on his face.

→⩙←

Gasping for air, Y/n darted down the streets without bothering to stop. The group before knew her identity so they must've known what her siblings looked like. What if they were in danger and she didn't even realize? What if she arrives and they're gone?

What if she's too late? So many questions were running through her head as she continued dashing and leaping over things in the streets as she tried her best to remember which road lead to her family's home.

Fortunately she was able to get there 20 minutes later. Her legs felt wobbly as if she could no longer stand on her feet but she didn't care. It was getting dark and the lights of the house were still. Without hesitation, she ran inside in a panic and searched for the kids.

Surprisingly, she found herself staring at Goro and Benjiro along with Airi who were eating ramen in the living room while playing boardgames.

"N-N/n...?" Airi called out, her eyes widened in shock.

An awkward silence filled the air as the four looked at eachother in confusion.

"What brings you h-"

"Where are the kids?" Y/n asked.

"Wow, not even a hello?" Benjiro whined after swallowing his ramen.

"Where is Souta and Shira?!" Y/n jumped.

"Woah, chill. They're with Rai playing in the backyard," Goro answered.

Y/n rushed out into the backyard and sighed of relief once she's found the three playing around peacefully. Shira who was still being the usually bossypants, was busy scolding the other two when she suddenly noticed Y/n standing behind them. Her eyes widened in shock, filled with tears as she stood there staring at her in silence. Souta followed her gaze and was also left shocked when he noticed Y/n's presence, Rai too.

"B-big... big sister?" Souta stuttered.

"Hey..." Y/n smiled, giving them a small wave.

The two rushed towards her before jumping into her arms. They bawled their eyes out once they'd came in contact with her.

"N/N!!!" Shira cried.

"WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!" Souta wailed.

"I missed you both too..." Y/n said, her smile slowly sinking into a sad look as she hugged them tightly.

Rai approached the three, a sweet smile forming on his face as he greeted Y/n. She smiled and pulled him in for a hug too, taking him by surprise. Goro, Airi and Benjiro walked out of the house and was awed by the scene when Y/n got back onto her feet and ordered the kids to pack their things. They'll be leaving with her.

"What?! What do you mean?!" Airi shouted as she stormed towards Y/n.

"They're gonna stay with me at the school from now on. It's safer there," Y/n bluntly replied.

"Sweet!" Rai and Souta jumped excitedly.

"You can't just show up out of nowhere after a whole year and take the kids away!" Airi yelled angrily. "We've been looking aftering them for a year for you and you're just gonna leave with them like that?! You didn't even bother to say hi to me either!"

"I have no time for this, Airi..." Y/n growled as she turned her head away in annoyance.

"Well, I do! I've waited a whole year, missing my bestfriend everyday and night and when she finally shows up, she doesn't even bother to greet me!"

"..."

"You've changed, Y/n..." Airi sobbed.

"...Pfft... look at you," Y/n scoffed.

"What...?"

"You make me look like I'm the bad guy. Pulling out the shit saying that I've disappeared for a whole year and showed up unannounced, taking you by surprise, not even bothering to say hi and making a big deal out of it? When will any of you ever fucking realize or appreciate what I fucking did to give you a better life without shoving shit up my ass and making me feel like I'm the one being selfish?"

The three were silent as they looked at eachother. Airi just stared at you, teary eyed with a look you could clearly read saying "unbelievable" before she stormed off back into the house. You watched as Goro and Benjiro walked in after her after giving you one last glance. You were so annoyed by the situation but also felt bad that you could've atleast greeted them.

But right now you had bigger things to do, protect the kids. Once they were finished packing, you met them at the front porch and Marilyn arrived just in time by then. She struggled to catch her breath but didn't even get the chance to get some proper air when you handed her a huge bag to carry.

"M-ma'am..." she squealed, not able to stand properly with the bag weighing her down.

"Yeah...?"

"N-nevermind..." she gasped.