Chapter 4 - "We Stick Together."

Start from the beginning

"I need to find this kid I promised to protect," Y/n said absent-mindedly not wanting to bore him with her life story

"That's all well and good, but I think you should sort our problem out first so we can part ways." He asked quickening his pace so that he could catch up with her.

"Why do you hate human company so much? Are you really that against having me around?"

"Don't take this personally but I don't like being around you."

"Don't worry, message received." She spat back not happy with what he had told her, as any standard person would be. She continued limping only for Geralt to grasp the girl by the shoulder pulling her to a halt. "Get on Roach."

"What?"

"I said get on Roach." He grumbled undeniably feeling somewhat guilty for what he had said, and he wasn't even sure why he had said it. Maybe he didn't want to get attached, he put his thoughts to the side and picked up Y/n with ease before placing her on Roaches back as if she weighed nothing.

Y/n sat on the horse not speaking a word only giving him a nod of thanks.

He led roach by the rein. After too long of silence they were still walking through the long blades of grass. The two were aware they had entered a field but where there is a field there are people and where there are people there is a village, or at the very least directions to one. Geralt stopped Roach before gesturing for y/n to move. She scooted back on the horse giving Geralt room to hop up on Roach.

As the two approached a settlement village they began to walk through the centre of the town. Y/n slipped off the horse not wanting to alert Geralt. She walked into the closest inn and immediately asked for their costs for a room.

Geralt noticed her as soon as she hoped off, and continued to watch her as she entered an inn. He kept going, to find a safe place to leave Roach. After doing so he went on a search for the woman.

"I never really drank before." She said waving her hands trying to refuse their offer politely. Some of the people in the inn were giving her words of encouragement. Over the loud clatter of words of encouragement, she heard someone say, "Well what would you have expected from a woman, they can't hold their drink."

Looking around she pinpointed who the voice belonged to, "Hey you, I'll only drink if you will go up against me."

"Darling I drink for a living, you won't be able to do jack shit against me." He snorted, laughing towards his friends. This immediately made her spiteful and bitter towards the man wanting nothing more than to beat the shit out of him in this competition. "Don't call me darling when you're too scared to go up against a woman"

"Okay then, rules are whoever blacks out first loses."

"Let's go." She spoke with a smile ready to wreck this bitch.

Geralt was still looking around and finally gave up thinking that she would show up eventually. He began walking back to roach he began to walk past one of the inns only to witness people yelling and being overly lively. Entering the inn, he witnessed y/n chugging down from a wooden mug while a man beside her was doing the same. She was smiling widely as she placed down the mug earning a loud yell from the crowd they had attracted. Geralt walked over to her and took a hold of her upper arm. Making her turn to face him. Her smile dropped and she just pulled her arm away and turned away not wanting to give him any attention.

"Y/n, you're being very immature. We need to go and find someone who can help us so we can't be drawing too much attention to ourselves."

"Well, if you don't want to be around me just go, I'm happy staying here."