"I don't like being distant from her. It drives me crazy knowing she's mad at something I did"

"You guys aren't even together. This shouldn't bother you" Sam chuckled

"That's the thing...I want to be with her. More than anything in this world"

"But?"

"We can't be together. We were once HYDRA pawns...just because I'm fixed doesn't mean she is. People will come for her...and I can't do anything about it."

"Buck..."

"If I stay away...if we aren't together...Then she won't have much exposure...she'll be safe from harm's way..."

"She told me you tore the book" Sam then blurted out.

"Why would she say that?"

"She said you had no memory of it. You had become angry she took it so you snatched and...just tore it to shreds. She tried taking it from you but it was no use...."

Bucky stayed silent for a few moments. He spoke after a while, "Ayo said I was fixed. If something of HYDRA is still in me then it's worth the trip." Bucky hesitantly said. Sam could tell how nervous he was.

"Going to see T'Challa is just a precaution"

"I don't un-"

"Shh." Sam interrupted, pulling him a bit further away from where they were, "We're going for her. I know she's imagining things...you're free but...she isn't."

"Does she know?" Bucky said, just before clearing his throat.

"No."

"Keep it that way," Bucky said.

"Yeah," Sam said in surprise. Bucky's deep voice and demanding tone had startled him. "Whatever you say" he nodded

"I'm gonna go find some water, want one?" Bucky said, changing the subject.

"No, I'm good," Sam said walking to the cockpit.

The whole plane ride was silent, the motor murmuring and buzzing as the plane occasionally passed through turbulence.

You drifted off to sleep a few times, never sleeping for more than 7-8 minutes at a time.

Sometimes you can't tell when a dream ends and when reality begins. Your dreams seem so vivid and bold...that you wouldn't be surprised if this entire thing was surreal.

"Are we there yet?" Bucky asked

"We land in a few," Sam said

"James, can I-"

He walked right past you, his quick movement causing a second of a cool breeze.

"Oh...okay.." you quietly grimaced

"We're landing!" someone shouted from the cockpit.

Bucky and Sam sat down and as soon as they did the seatbelts fastened, a glowing green light appeared on the big screen.

"Welcome to Wakanda." it read. A sweet automated voice then began to speak, "Please fasten your seatbelts, our newest technology now has sensors to help land your plane. You will be landing shortly and please, Enjoy your stay!"

The sudden jolt of the plane sent you flying forward, the seatbelts clicking as it happened.

"Well...that's uh, nice," you said. Thank god for seatbelts. The seatbelts then unfastened and you stood up.

The hatch opened and you were greeted with about 10-15 soldiers of the Dora Milaje, three being the ones you met in Latvia.

"Ah! The White Wolf has returned!" T'Challa said with a smile and open arms.