Ch.0013

Brooke stood in the hospital with Lexie and Peri. She sighed waiting for news about their mum and dad. She couldn't believe the events of everything that had happened.

Leela walked towards them. She was crying. Brooke frowned. "W-What happened?" She asked as she gripped onto Lexie's hand.

"Dad... he didn't survive the crash. He died on impact. Mum's touch and go at the moment. They're saying there's a 50/50 she'll survive. Dad took the worst of it," Leela said as she sobbed.

Brooke couldn't believe it. Her dad was dead. And she never got the chance to tell him she loved him. "This isn't happening," she sobbed.

Lexie held her close. Brooke pushed her away. She grabbed her coat and walked off. She couldn't be there. She couldn't handle that she wasn't going to see her dad again.

***
Brooke went to Freddie's. He let her in and frowned. "Babe. What's happened?" He asked as he kissed her.

"My dad. He's... he's dead."

Freddie frowned. "What do you mean? Dead?" He asked.

"A car crash. It killed him. My mum might die too. I'm going to lose my parents," Brooke mumbled.

Freddie pulled her close and held her. He felt his ripping apart as Brooke broke down in his arms.

Sandy walked in. "What's happened?" She asked as she looked to her son and the crying girl.

"Danny Lomax. He died. Him and Sam were in a car accident. Sam's touch and go," Freddie told his mum.

Sandy frowned. "Oh love. I'm so sorry."

Brooke nodded. She wiped sway some tears as they fell down her cheeks. "I couldn't stay at the hospital. My family are all crying," she said.

Freddie held her close and sighed. "You really should be with your family babe. I'll call Lexie to come and get you."

"No! Call... Call Warren. My sisters boyfriend."

"I'll call Lexie. I don't know this Warren geezer."

***
Lexie arrived at the house. She saw Freddie. "Thanks for calling me," she said as she saw her sister asleep on the sofa.

Freddie nodded. "Sorry. About your dad."

Lexie smiled slightly. "Thanks. Lex has taken it the hardest seemingly. Mum's still touch and go. But they're confident she's going to be okay."

"Good."

Lexie nodded and sighed. She woke Brooke up. "Come on sleepy head. Let's get you home to sleep," she said as she helped her up.

Brooke sighed. "Is mum awake yet?"

"Not yet babe. Leela and Tegan are there with her. Ste has taken Peri home. You're coming to the flat with me and Warren."

"I'll catch you up."

Lexie nodded. She left the house leaving Brooke and Freddie alone. Brooke turned to look at him. "Thank you. For being there for me."

Freddie took her hand and kissed her. "I will always be there for you. I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Brooke was sitting in the flat with Lexie and Warren. Warren smiled. "Well. I'm off to bed. Got a busy morning tomorrow. Off to London for the day," he said.

"Babe. My dad has just died and you're going to London?"

"It's business babe. I'll be back by the afternoon."

Warren walked into the bedroom leaving Lexie and Brooke alone. Brooke sighed. "I miss dad. I never got to tell him that I loved him," she mumbled.

"He knew babes. I promise you that he knew."

Brooke broke down crying again. But was she strong enough to handle all of the changes that were going to hit her?