Scene 1

The club was in the auditorium today for auditions. Like usual Sharpay wanted me to be her partner, but sometimes it worried me. Whenever we auditioned as lovers it made my stomach queezy. The typical outcasts of the group were here too.

Listen, I never really liked Troy and Gabriella. Sharpay was supportive at least, making me stay quiet. I was good at that thankfully. They were singing the piece Kelsi composed called My heart belongs to you. They finished with an excited Kelsi clapping. Sharpay clapped slowly and gazed into my eyes.

"I know they're not your ideal people Ryan, but pretend at least," She commented.

I replied by clapping quietly making me earn a glare from my twin. My eyes made contact with hers, causing Sharpay to look away.

"The Evans twins," Ms. Darbus called.

Sharpay held me back and went first, my eyes rolling in annoyance. We went on the stage, Kelsi giving us time to look at our song titled And I really hate you.

"Is this a joke?" I barked, Sharpay agreeing.

"Whats the matter?" Ms. Darbus asked.

"Kelsi thinks it's so funny to give us a song titled 'And I really hate you!'"

"Kelsi, this is your third warning, watch it."

"I'm not singing this."

"Take this one."

Ms. Darbus handed us the song Troy and Gabriella sang. After a couple minutes we were ready. Sharpay and I agreed that it was a medium speed, with soft tones. We sang. We sang the song and finished. Kelsi looked surprised.

"How? When-" Kelsi started.

"I'm leaving," I tell my sister.

She nodded and I left the room. Right beside the door to the parking lot, I took deep breaths. My anxiety was acting up again, and I couldn't take it. I should've had Sharpay help me with handling it.

"Evans," a voice spoke.

"Hm," I hummed back, turning to see Chad.

"Are you okay?"

"Mm-mm."

"No?"

"Mhm!"

He took me to an empty stairwell, and had me sit on the edge to the first step. I felt my tears holding back my panic attack. The basketball player rubbed my back to try to help me. It surprised me that Chad out of all people was helping me. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Better?" Chad asked.

"Yeah, thank you," I responded.

"Anytime- hey want me to take you home?"

I checked my watch and saw it was 3:30 pm. Nodding, he helped me up and took me to his car.

"Not the fanciest thing you've seen Evans," Chad commented.

"Just call me Ryan, and please I'm used to this," I replied, with a soft tone.

"Okay okay."

We both got in, buckling our seat belts, Chad driving off. I texted Sharpay that I was heading home earlier than expected.

My Twin

Hey, I'm heading home early

Anxiety attack?

You know it

Ry our parents need to help you