[☀️] Part 1: The Taste of Freedom

Start from the beginning

"Thank you."

"Likewise." She said with another smile.

I inspected the card for a while and the number '401' could be seen engraved on it.

Hmm... Coincidences can be freaky.

While I was walking to the elevator. I could notice several gazes towards me, mostly from women. Is it because of the way I dress? I was wearing a hoodie and a pair of grey sweatpants.

I was now in front of my room.  I saw a wooden door with what looked like a scanner on the side of it. I put my card to the scanner then a 'beep' sound could be heard. I opened the door handle and entered the room.

Well, calling it a room would be a mistake. It is an apartment after all. Upon entering, I saw a living room with a kitchen in the background. The living room had a modern style but with a hint of your typical traditional Japanese style.

 The living room had a modern style but with a hint of your typical traditional Japanese style

After looking around the room for a while. I headed to the bedroom. It was quite spacious, There was a double-sized bed and a two-door wardrobe was seen filling one of the corners of the room. There was a door in the bedroom that leads into a modestly-sized bathroom.

The apartment was about four times the size of the room we had back at the school. If it weren't for the only one bedroom the apartment has, a family could comfortably live here. Considering the location, the apartment must've cost about 500,000 yen a month. This makes the 350,000 yen a month allowance Matsuo-San had sent me to be a generous sum considering I didn't have to pay rent or utilities.

*The rest of the story is pretty much filler and you won't miss anything plotwise if you decide not to read them.

It was around midday. so I decided to head out to explore the city. The streets were quite busy since it was around lunch break time for most offices. I decided to go somewhere peaceful and ended up at an 'Internet cafe'.

From what it looks, an Internet Cafe not only provides you with food and computers. They also serve manga and magazines. They even have showers for people who want to spend the night here.

I grabbed a couple of mangas and rented a room for a few hours.

I was reading a manga called 'Ao Haru Ride'. It was a romance manga targeted at girls. Even though I was not their target audience, it feels somewhat refreshing to read a manga where you get to see the perspective of a female. Will this make me understand girls better?

After surfing around the internet. I found out that it was apparently 'Taboo' for guys to read shoujo manga. I wonder what my classmates would think of me if they saw me reading them?

After reading one volume I decided to do something on the computer. Hmm... It looked like it already had Valorant installed.

I haven't played it for a few months so I thought it would be nice to play it again. It's actually crazy to think that your rank would get after not playing for a long time. Is it a way to keep people playing the game?

I ended up having too much fun and extended my rent for a few more hours. When I went outside, the sun was already down. The city looked even brighter and the crowds of people were even larger.

 The city looked even brighter and the crowds of people were even larger

This city sure never sleeps, huh?

I went to a minimarket and bought a pre-cooked meal for dinner and then headed back to my apartment.

I ate my food, took a shower, and went to lay on my bed. It was noticeably more comfortable than the one in my room.

Thinking back, it was the first time that I actually did something out of my own free will, wandering around the city without having a purpose. To be honest, it was very overwhelming for me. I just couldn't stand the large crowds.

I guess it's normal to have huge crowds in this city since the Tokyo Metropolitan Area is the most populated city in the world where almost a third of the Japanese population lives.

But it wasn't all bad, though. I get to experience many new things. I also felt like that I discovered a new point of view in life. Looking back at the crowds. I felt like that I was just a tiny part of it, a mere dot that has almost no significance in it. Different from when I was back at the White Room and held the title of the 'Masterpiece'. Well, not that I really care about it.

I then fiddled with my phone for a little while before going to sleep.

shoujo: A term referring to a demographic group of young women who are still in their adolescence.

A/N:

Damn this part was pretty hard to write, I hope I didn't botch it too much.

I decided that in this story, the school won't have the 'Water park' because I think it just wouldn't make sense.