chap one??

you watch the riddler, or edward as you know him, apparently, get into the mayors house. you watched  as he climbs through the window, and watch as he hides in the shadows. straddling the mayor, the riddler does not notice your presence. you start moving to go into the mayors house aswell when you both hear a sound.

"fuck," he mutters, and starts to make his way back to the window. the window of which you are halfway through at the moment. oops. you scurry back out of that window, and rush down the ladder that eddie left.

you slip at the very last wrung of the ladder, alerting whoever was *alive* in the house that someone was outside. shit shit shit. seeing the place that eddie woukd also run to, a parking lot, you book it there.

after a adrenaline filled 3 or so minutes, eddie is quickly but quietly stalking towards you. you dont think he knows youre there, so youre not sure why hes being so aggressive.

"what the fuck are you doing here," eddies voice modulater makes him sound rough and gravelly. it's nothing like the voice you know, which is smooth and calming.

"hey eddie. i ju-"

"y/n!?", stepping into the light, edward can finally make out the identity of his stalker. or, turns out, not stalker. crush.

"yeah. me. now do you want to explain why the actual *fuck* you were doing in the mayors house? it- actually no- i literally just saw ypu kill him," you stumbled over your words slightly, seeing as you couldn't truly wrap your head around the fact that your best friend was the riddler. the murderer that you saw on tv. it just couldn't be true, eddie was so shy and friendly. how could he have it in him to be this whole other person? *the ridder* at that.

eddie was sort of just standing there, not knowing what to say or do. he then decided to take off his mask and voice modulation device to see and talk to you better.

"you- your here. um. well. i uh- just really love riddles yoy know? and, well, the mayor just couldn't deliver so. he um. had to go," he sounded sort of weak and fragile without the voice changer and looked completely non threatening without the mask.

you still couldn't believe that it was eddie. your eddie. the one that loves agatha christie books, and crossword puzzles. the same eddie that you went out to lunch with just a few hours ago. the same eddie that had been terrorizing the ciry under the disguise of the riddler.

honestly, you didnt even want to report him or anything. you had seen him go to his house and emerge with a duffel bag. you had watched and followed as he drove to about a half of a block away from the mayors house into an abandoned parking lot. you watched as he changed into his riddler get up, and you had watched him set up the ladder into the mayors back window, climbing up it. you arent sure why, but you felt compelled to join him.

maybe not in the killing aspect of things, but in the mischievous villan that messed around with batman. the one who taunted the police liek it was nothing. you wanted, for some reason, to become his sidekick.

***

ok yea i have no idea where i was going with that. imagine you talk it out w him and become part of the dark side. also lmk if yall want a continued peice. if so then ill edit this one to make it not suck and then start on a actually plot filled part two. thanks for reading.