Chapter 7 - Questions

A couple of hours later, you wake up to find Clint sitting next to you reading a book.

"Hey." You said as you looked over at Clint.

"Hey, you alright?" Clint answers as he sets his book down.

"Yeah, I'm alright." You add.

You look over and see some of the Avengers outside of your room, "So who are those guys?" You ask 

"They're my team. We call ourselves the Avengers."

"So where are we?" You ask as you look over at Clint 

We're at the Compound, it's where most of us live, except myself, Thor, Peter live."

"Where do you live?" You inquired

"I live in Missouri with my wife and kids, course I live here part of the time, most of the time after a mission and then I'll go home for the week until they need me for the next mission." 

"Really? How many kids do you have?"

"Three kids. They're great. You'll have to meet them one day."

You nod as you look up at the ceiling. You have a million questions on your mind but there is one that stands out in your head.

"You said that you're my uncle, is that true?" You ask quietly

Clint looks down at his feet and sighs as he looks up at you, "It is. Your dad was my brother."

"What happened to my parents?" You ask 

"Your parents were working for Hydra when they died." Clint answers softly.

It takes a moment for the words, "Your parents were working for Hydra when they died," to set in. 

"You okay?" Clint asks a few minutes after there is a moment of silence.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just needed a minute." You admit as you think about your past with Hydra. You nod as you look up at the ceiling, laying there, thinking about the past twelve years and everything leading up to this moment. You think about all of the missions that Hydra had sent you on, every moment that Hydra had tortured you to the point where you didn't know who you were anymore. You still had a million questions running through your head, about your past, why it took 12 years for Clint to find you, among other questions but these questions had overwhelmed you to where you now didn't know anything about yourself and it made you angry. Why would Hydra take a young 13 year-old girl to do their dirty work?