I quickly wiped them away and walked back towards the bustling crowd of people. I was walking straight towards the awaiting carriages, trying to push the emotions aside. As I walked past nearly everyone I suddenly bump into someone.

"I am very sorry!" I began to say before I looked to see...

"Lord Davenport, what are you doing here?" I asked. He chuckled softly. "Am I not supposed to attend balls, my Lady?" He said before examining my flushed face.

"Something is wrong." He said, I rolled my eyes tiredly. "That's not the first time I have heard that remark." I said before nervously nibbling the bottom of my lip.

"You've been crying." He said, I opened my mouth to begin to say something but Lord Davenport extends his arm outward. "Miss Buckingham, allow me this dance." He said, I looked at him with confusion before grabbing it.

He escorted me to the floor, fireworks began popping in the air. Everyone began to stare right at us, whispering away. The floor has already been cleared... The Duke and Daphne were already dancing.

So... they were finally interested.

We made our way to the dance floor and we stood in front of one another. I looked around at the crowds nervously to see there lingering eyes, I then spotted Mrs. Bridgerton, Colin, Penelope, Anthony, and Benedict all standing together, looking at me.

Lord Davenport softly grabbed my chin and made me look at him. "Do not look at them, look at me." He said. "Look right at my eyes, you have nothing to fear." He said before we both bowed at each other. We began dancing gracefully with one another.

"Those lingering emotions you must have felt that caused you to cry. Must be buried." He said, before twirling me around. "You will not get anywhere... if you remain fragile."

He dipped me deeply before pulling me back up, I looked into his green eyes. My face painted with confusion. "Then what should I be?" I whispered to him. He smiled softly. "Reserved, but strong." He said, his words reminded me of my father. We kept dancing and dancing as the fireworks crackled in the night sky.

Dear gentle-readers,

For those not in attendance at the Vauxhall celebration, you missed the most remarkable coups of the season. It appears Miss Daphne Bridgerton has captured interest of the newly returned Duke of Hastings.

But that is not all.

Our most prized ruby Miss Hope Bukingham has stuck her claws into Lord Davenport. How the misses secured their newfound suitors is yet to be determined.

Yet, if anyone shall reveal the circumstances of these matches, it is I.

Yours truly... Lady Whistledown.

seven years ago...

A fourteen years old Hope barged into a room, an angry expression was written all across it. Her father was right on her tail, slamming the door to her room close. Hope turned to look at her father.

"Am I to be locked up for enternity because of your bitterness?! Am I to love no one?!" Hope screamed out. "That boy was nothing but trouble the moment you met him! You have no right or business to look that direction until you are old enough!" He screamed out.