➥▮『ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟻』▯

Start from the beginning

Blinking owlishly, you were returned to your own mind space; this time, however, instead of seeing a white or black area, you were greeted by a gray one. As with the others, it was a never-ending view of your surroundings, and so, you decided to explore.

The white one is considered the most relaxing inner space; you spend an hour there. The black one, on the other hand, was the polar opposite of the white space; it was rather suffocating, and regardless of whether you wanted to stay or not, you were probably forced to go out to the black space. Finally, there was the gray one; it was neutral, not suffocating, not soothing; it was as if this was your mundane inner space, your humdrum reality.

You have no idea that this mind of yours existed in the first place, since it suddenly appeared when you were tossed into the anime. You continued walking, discovering how vast this space is; there was nothing here, not a single thing or piece of property.

When the walls and floor went black, you came to a halt. The once-quiet chamber was suddenly filled with strange and unknown sounds.

"Go without me and save mom," A faint voice echoed across the area, as did the sound of heavy raindrops dropping from the fluffy dark cloud, as well as soft cries.

"i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟t̴͕͖͓̀'Ş̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟ ฯ໐นr̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ f̷̵̫̞̉͢คนḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡t̴͕͖͓̀."

"ฯę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊̄คh̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢, i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟t̴͕͖͓̀'Ş̵̶̮̬͖̄͑͟ ๓ฯ f̷̵̫̞̉͢คนḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡t̴͕͖͓̀."

You don't know how to react to this; you have no idea what's going on, and thank Yume for waking you up with the sound of her footsteps.

"I apologize for intruding," you uncrossed your arm and sat up gracefully like a lady after snapping out of your daydream and apologizing tediously.

"There is no need to apologize; I should be the one who apologizes, as I compelled you to follow me here." She stated as she set the medical equipment on the table and forced herself to approach and sit next you.

You nodded as she locked her gaze on your thighs, unsure what to do, should Yume ask you? Or? You were unaware of how nervous she was stroking and treating your legs, so you inquire simply, "am I going to wait here for an hour?"

Her face reddened and she shifted her focus to her lap, but you were oblivious, so she decided to replace your bandage in the blink of an eye.

"Her skin is impeccably smooth!"

"..." You sat there, staring at the wall behind Yume.

After a few minutes, she was finished bandaging your legs as you rose up from your seat and bowed, causing Yume to bow as well; dammit you have both similarities.

She accompanied you out the door and handed you an additional bandage and a bottle of water in case you became thirsty.

"I appreciate it, Hakariri-san." you said as you bid farewell as Yume responded with a simple nod.

The young girl who owns the house was left perplexed and had to process everything you mentioned, such as who Hakariri is, because she was Hikkiri, not Hakariri.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As a homeless person, you have no choice but to roam the streets like an inquisitive bunny you are.