It shattered and the circles and lines glowed much brighter. "Uh...What's that?" Luz asked. 

Soon, a gold light surrounded you all and Hunter looked around for you. You grabbed his hand, running to his hand. "I'm right here, Hunter! What's happening?!"

He squeezed your hand, relieved to know where you were. "We activated the spell to the emperor's mind!"

You and Luz look at him. "HUH?!"

Flashback over...

Hunter started laughing. "You want to prove my uncle is EVIL? And you thought I would help?!" He laughed again.

You didn't care. You wanted out. You wanted to leave! You can't be in here. They'll KNOW! You wanted to leave!

"Well now that I'm in the emperor's mind, I can find out myself!"

You started to zone out. We need to get out now...

You were scared. What if that memory from years ago was here?

You gulped. When you were twelve, you broke a palisman to help the emperor. It was your mother's palisman that you stole to help the emperor. You were only twelve...and Hunter was nowhere to be found...You didn't understand how it was bad...

It was for the emperor, right? That...justifies it...right?

Your mother kicked you out the house when she found out. And the emperor let you stay in the castle...

But... They can't find it! You looked at Hunter and Luz who were talking. You looked back at the portrait trying to control your breathing.

All you could feel is guilt...

Now that Hunter has a palisman he's grown to care about, he's going to find me repulsive if he sees it...

Luz walked to the edge of the hall and Hunter looked at you. "Y/n?" He asked. "Are you...okay?"

You turned startled. He was right behind you. How had he gotten there? Your face burned, and you started to sweat, panic edged on your face.

You didn't answer.

He looked at you concerned and took off your mask. He widened his eyes. "Y/n! W-What's wrong?"

"N...Nothing!" You said, your voice cracking. "Le-Let's move on, okay?"

He grabbed your hand and squeezed it. "Okay..."

Luz gasped and Hunter looked down the all. You froze in place and backed up into the wall. Hunter ran up to the figure of Belos and knelt down.

"Emperor! You're here! We beg for you assistance so we can return to the physical world, and me and the Silver Guard can capture your enemies! And so SHE," He motioned to Luz. "Can ruin someone else's day!"

A ghost-like figure jumped out from behind the emperor, shaking his head. A thought came in your mind. Save Hunter!

But Luz Noceda did it for you. She jumped in front of him and use glyphs to protect him. "Hunter! Watch out!"

There was a loud explosion and they both were thrown back and hit the wall, falling through it.

You gasped and ran toward the hole and looked back at the emperor who was now this bird like monster.

You looked through the hole. "Y/n!" Hunter's voice echoed up. "Jump!" 

"I-I can't! I don't have my staff-"

"I'll catch you!" He yelled up in a panic. "Just hurry up and jump!"

You looked back at the used-to-be emperor and jumped forward. You closed your eyes as you fell tears streaming down your face. 

Your mother is dead because of you. A voice said.

Hunter held out his arms and you got closer to the ground. You landed and he caught you bride's style. "Y/n?" 

You started to cry. Your mother died because of you. After all she did to help you...

He held you tighter. "A-Are you okay?"

"Put me down..." You said in a rasp voice. He raised his eyebrows. 

"Oh. Okay..." He gently dropped you on the ground. "Do you...want to hold my hand?" He asked. You glanced at his outstretched hand and nodded.

He smiled and laced his fingers with yours. "Don't worry, we'll get out of here soon. So calm down."

You looked away. "I'm fine. I don't know what you're talking about."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He looked around. "Where are we now?"

Luz answered. "We must be in the emperor's real mind."