Chapter Ten - The Owl Strikes Back

Start from the beginning

"BAHAHAHA! Oh, the wonders of imagination." 'Edric'...no...the Collector shouted. They had the voice of the Collector.
"Collector?!" Luz shouted, her jaw dropped.
"That's the Collector?!" Amity said, eyes wide.
The winds had stopped, and so had the light. Emperor Belos, only supported by the Palismen souls, bowed down to the Collector. Suddenly, lightning struck. The Collector was levitating.
"Witches of the isles! Are you ready for your worlds domination?" They called.

They laughed like a jester as they floated above the ground.
"Haha! Wow Phillip, this vessel is unbearable!" The Collector said and turned to Belos, who was bowing down.
"But soon, this world will be just as terrible!"

"You! Get the hell away from Edric!" Hunter shouted. The Collector went silent. Then suddenly, their head snapped in his direction.
"Oh-ho-ho-howdy!" The Collector. "You seem to be quite rowdy." They added, rhyming without any difficulty.
"Last I checked, you did what you were told." They said.
"Well, I guess that would get old." They giggled loudly. Luz stood alongside Hunter, gripping a handful of glyphs.

"What- I don't- whatever, just get away from Edric!" He said.
"Oh yeah, sure thing." The Collector said and went to the ground.
"Wait actually?" Luz questioned, letting her guard down.
"Nope! Just kidding! BAHAHAHA!" The Collector laughed like a jester, once again.

"Now..." they began.

"Die."

The ground shattered beneath them. The Collector was floating so it's not like it affected them. The others screamed as they plummeted. Emperor Belos however, was grabbed by The Collector's levitation magic. They were steady in the air.
The Collector had maddening powers. Enough to shatter the ground in seconds. Edric, the vessel, could die at any moment due to that. That's why they needed a better vessel. One lacking magic.
A person was like a puzzle. A puzzle is created with all its pieces. But sometimes, certain ones can be removed, replaced, and swapped out. But that puzzle will never be the same without it. Until those wrongs have been righted.
That's why he needed a magic-less humanoid to sacrifice.
One that was missing the piece, so The Collector could fill it.
If the puzzle were to not have anywhere to put the new pieces, then it would become nothing but a mangled abomination. A broken, ugly, vile monster.

The Collector looked to Emperor Belos.
"I don't need you anymore, but I didn't lie." The Collector said.
"We have one common goal." Emperor Belos said.
"To commit genocide." The Collector replied. "But you're now useless to me!" The Collector said.
"BAHAHAH! You've been deceived!" They shouted as Emperor Belos plummeted through the air; alongside the others.
Where did they plummet to?
Death perhaps? The Collector didn't care. They just needed enough time to finish the job.
"Ugh, this vessel really is bad." They spat as they looked at their hand.
"Hm...what's this? Oh, and quite sad." They said, keeping up their rhymes as they revealed a small picture that had been in Edrics pocket. It was printed.
It was of Luz, Amity, Emira, the vessel, and Hunter. The picture had no meaning at all to The Collector, so, they tossed it, it sailed down through the air.

"But first, let's have a little fun!" They chanted, their voice was loud, echoing.
"A little fun before these witches meet the sun!" Their eyes shined white, more chaos shattered around them. The castle was crumbling from just being in The Collector's presence.
"I'll beat them," The Collector tore through another wall.
"Chop them," and another.
"MAKE THEM BRUISE!" A tower collapse, letting all of the nearby areas know of their coming doom.
"Before I finally drench these lands in the nine bright hues!" They cried as they emerged from the smoke.