04.

OPHELIA

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Cedric asked me the next morning. I had just came out of my room, and he was leaning up against the wall directly across from my door. I sighed, but nodded, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why are you acting different?" He asked after a moment, causing me to frown. "It's just, no one understands what happened. You are talking out of line more, and you seem to be getting annoyed by us easily. Did that Weasley kid do something? You know the twins are trouble." He finished, awkwardly running his hand through his hair.

I scoffed quietly, rolling my eyes at him. "You don't know them, Cedric: it's rather unfair of you to accuse them of being bad influences. Have you ever thought that maybe I'm just tired of being held to such high standards all the time?" I started walking away from him, not caring to hold the conversation for any longer. My body jolted backwards, his hand gripping my wrist tightly.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you, Ophelia." He gritted out through his teeth, his grip on my wrist extremely tight. "I forbid you from seeing those Weasleys." I laughed loudly, pulling my arm harshly from his grip.

"Don't touch me again, Cedric." I whispered, before leaving as fast as I could. A few classmates tried to stop me, or even follow me, but quickly cowered back when they caught my glare. A silent tear rolled down my cheek once I had made it out of the common room. I looked down at my wrist, and the skin was already turning an angry red color. I held it soothingly to my chest, hiding it from view.

"Hey! Russell!" Fred's voice sounded from behind me. I spun around, dropping my hold on my wrist before he could notice. Fred was walking towards me with his brother next to him. A bright smile lit up my face as I waited for them to catch up. Fred picked me up for a tight hug, spinning me around, causing me to squeal out in laughter.

"Hey Freddie," I smiled, shyly brushing hair behind my ear once he set me down. I turned my attention to his nearly identical brother, giving him a big smile as well. "Hi George, how are you this morning?"

George grinned back at me. "I'm awesome. I hear my brother has finally won you over." He joked, causing a blush to form on not only my own face, but Fred's as well. Finally? "Oh shove it," Fred groaned, shoving him playfully.

Fred put his arm around me, pulling me into him as we continued walking towards the great hall, making small talk with George. "Hold up, we'll meet you in a moment, George. I gotta talk to O for a moment." Fred informed his twin just as we made it to the great hall for breakfast. George nodded, shooting me a big smile before heading straight for their table.

"We won't start kissing in front of everyone yet, but I will be doing a lot of other things." Fred started, leaning against the wall in the hallway as he stared at me. "I'm gonna hold your hand when we walk in, and will introduce you as my girl. Does that sound alright?" He asked, and I bit my lip nervously, giving him a small nod. I glanced down at my injured wrist for a moment, hoping he wouldn't want to hold that hand.

His eyes trailed down to see what I was looking at, which led to him immediately pushing off of the wall and towards me instead. "Ophelia? What happened to your wrist?" I merely shrugged, looking down at my feet, mentally begging for the tears to stay away. I've always been more emotional than most girls. "Baby girl?" Fred's voice was soft, and his hand gently directed my chin up. My eyes met him, and the tears began to well.