07

it has been a few weeks since you started working at the palace. everyday it would be the same routine, whether it be to argue with the prince in his office or go out of the palace to do some business. that business involves the so on so meetings childe attends to.

your injury had already fully healed and your body was back to what it was. because of being in a state of rest for weeks, you were eager to train to get back in shape.

"no wonder you weren't pestering me as usual today." childe spoke as soon as he saw you at the courtyard practicing with some dummies.

"gotta keep up my training or i'll rust." you wipe the sweat off your face with the towel draped around your neck. "did you need me for something?"

"no, i just came here to warn you."

"of what, exactly?"

"if you ever see a woman with red locks, run to the opposite direction immediately."

you furrowed your brows in confusion, "what? why would i–"

"no questions asked. i'll be at the study if you need me." he waves goodbye, walking away from you with no further explanation.

"a woman with red locks? he didn't even give me enough detail." you brought your sword back to your side, heaving a deep breath from the endless training you just had.

you soon went back to your quarters to take a shower to freshen yourself up. after that, you went out to follow childe to his study.

"ah! gosh, i'm so clumsy." someone from behind you complained, it was then followed by papers rustling.

you turn around where you saw a tall woman dressed in elite clothing bending down to reach for the papers she accidentally let go of. you approached her, reaching for the papers like she was.

"i'll help you." you said as you picked the papers up.

"my, such a kind young lady." she giggles. "thank you."

"no–" you look up to give her the papers where you realized what the color of her hair was. "...problem."

"hm? what's wrong? don't tell me you had love at first sight when you saw me?" she teased, grabbing the papers on your hand. you noticed that she intentionally brushed her fingers with yours.

"no, it's not that. you just look like someone that's all."

"do i?" she pouts. "you're not referring to that childish prince are you?"

your eyes widen, "yes... it's him."

"that boy follows me anywhere i go it irritates me." she clicks her tongue. "well, why don't we stop talking about him and introduce ourselves shall we?"

"oh, right sorry. my name's [Y/N] [L/N], prince childe's royal guard."

"[Y/N], what a cutie." she smiles, her hand cupping the side of your face. her fingers brushed on your cheeks, making you shudder. "why don't you leave that sorry prince for me?"

"uhm... what?" you blink as you stared into her blue eyes, you could already tell that she wasn't good news.

"be my royal guard, [Y/N]." she smirks. "i'll treat you better than he does."

"let go of her, sister." you felt a hand holding your wrist, pulling you away from the strange woman. "she's mine."

"such a party pooper. you're always no fun, childe." she rolls her eyes upon seeing that you've been pulled away by none other than childe himself.

"she's... your sister?" you stared at the woman from head to toe, her wavy hair and blue eyes purely resembling childe.

"i'm valentina, the second born." even though childe had pulled you away from her with his hand on your waist, valentina could still grab a hold of your hand and planted a small kiss on it with her red tinted lips. "it's a pleasure of finally meeting you, [Y/N]."