Promise to the Past- Hermione x Sirius Black (and other pairings)

Title: Promise to the Past

Author: Adharyn, @adharyn

This book is one of my FAVOURITES! Once again, we have our favorite heroine Hermione Granger, who travels back into the Marauders' Era after a devasting encounter at Malfoy Manor. However, the said pranksters have all graduated at this point and her best friend, Harry, has already been born. When she arrives, Hermione wastes no time in her efforts to change the future that she knew for the better. Yet, will the Marauders be willing to believe that their best mate, Peter, could really be a traitor? And how will Hermione navigate the suspicion surrounding her claims? Amongst it all, she is quick to catch the eye of Sirius Black, who is drawn to her fire and devotion to her task. Hermione begins to flounder in her typical determined attitude as the pressures to make a difference in her new timeline build. Should she really be seeking out Harry's godfather? And most of all, how can she possibly face her obstacles without her best friends, in a time that knows nothing of what they've endured?

I really enjoyed this story! Hermione is written in a very faithful fashion and the plot picks up quickly, with very few filler chapters. It's always so fascinating to read about the dynamic between the Marauders and as this story begins after graduation, the author is forced to weave an entirely original landscape. I do think Hermione needs a few more flaws, but the characters were depicted wonderfully and I love just how many the author was able to draw into the story. From the Prewetts to Narcissa Malfoy to Mary MacDonald, there are a great many familiar faces that rarely get the attention and development that the author gives them in this story! I highly recommend adding this to your library!