Chapter 4: Making Choices

Start from the beginning

"Tetsu, I know it's hard now, but we have to consider our future."

"We could destroy Kuryu with the USB flash drive. This could be our only chance," Noboru stated. "Even if the project—"

"What fricking future?" Dan asked with a much louder voice. Hiyori looked up and turned around to see him. "You saw the contents, it's out of our hands."

The male turned to Cobra as he spoke, "I want to take down Kuryu, too. But I also don't want my friends to get hurt! Cobra, you too, right?"

Hiyori stared at him with a pained look. She was doubting of herself whether they can take down Kuryu or the people she cared for will just get hurt.

But on the other side, she doesn't want her brother to die in vain. Takeru protected that USB flash drive with his life in order to take them down.

He basically made the first move for them to take out Kuryu.

Hiyori shook her head and let out a shaky sigh as tears are threatening to fall.

It was hard to choose.

"We're fighting for our town but now, it's Kuryu we're fighting. Not just the Iemura. The whole Kuryu," Dan told them. "The enemy is too big for us."

Hiyori looked at Cobra as she pressed her lips into a thin line.

It is too big for them. For Sannoh Hoodlum Squad.

But, Hiyori is basically not a part of them. She was just a girl who grew up in Sannoh.

That's why she decided to keep on going to take down Kuryu.

The girl almost told them about the pin that she found on her stuff but now's the more reason she couldn't.

She can't let the people she cares for to fight Kuryu.

She can't afford to lose anyone again.

• • •

"Hey," Hiyori automatically smiled as she saw Cobra outside her apartment. The blonde smiled back as she let him inside.

"Did you already eat dinner?" Cobra asked as the couple made their way toward the kitchen.

"Nope, not yet," she answered and stared at Cobra while the latter is taking plates from her kitchen. He placed it on the counter and also the plastic bag he has been holding when he got there.

"What's that?" Hiyori asked as she peeked at the white plastic bag. Cobra took the box of fried chicken out of the plastic. Hiyori's eyes lit up at the sight of the food.

"Oh!" she exclaimed. The blonde chuckled at her reaction.

The couple sat down on the barstool as they shared the food with two cans of beer.

"This is the best," Hiyori moaned and took a bite of the fried chicken.

Cobra stared at the girl while eating. He was amazed at how can this girl ate a lot.

"You know, you eat a lot," Cobra commented. Hiyori stopped and looked at him.

"So what?" she asked.

"You'll gain weight," Cobra told her.

"So? Are you going to break up with me if I gain weight?" she asked with a raised brow.

"Why would I do that? I'm not going to break up with you even if you gain weight," the blonde told her with a frown. Hiyori smiled at his reply.

"That's a good answer," Hiyori giggled as she continued to eat. "What happened earlier with Rocky?"

Cobra let out a loud sigh, "He didn't even go out to see me. Kizzy also told me that Ranmaru's back."

The girl quickly snapped her head towards him. She blinked twice as she tried to process his words.

"Ranmaru? He got out of prison already?" Hiyori muttered. "Shit."

"He needs help more than anyone now. For sure, Ranmaru will fight him," Hiyori stated as she looked at Cobra with a serious face.

"I know. But he doesn't want help," Cobra told her and sighed.

"Of course he's not going to ask for help. You men have so much pride running in your veins," she rolled her eyes. "I'm also worried about Dan and Tetsu."

"Me, too," the blonde said. Hiyori huffed and placed the chicken bone on her plate on the table.

"You know that we need to release the content of the flash drive in public, right?" the girl looked down at her plate with a sigh.

"But you guys don't have to fight Kuryu," Hiyori said and shook her head. Cobra looked at her with furrowed brows.

"What do you mean?"

"I just think that it's not your fight," she shrugged.

"What about you? This isn't your fight, too."

"It is! It is my fight! For my brother who threw away his life for the sake of that flash drive," Hiyori sighed and looked down on her lap.

"We need to protect the town from Kuryu," Cobra declared. Hiyori looked at him with a pained expression.

"Yeah, but what about Dan and Tetsu? What about the other guys who have the same thought as them?" she quietly questioned.

The two went quiet for a few seconds. Hiyori sighed and leaned her forehead on Cobra's.

"I hope this ends," she whispered.