Chapter 92: Amore.

Start from the beginning

"Risotto Nero, hm?"

(Y/N) raised her tearful eyes to him. And she nodded slowly. With a knot in his throat, Bucciarati continued:

"...this man has just been exterminated by someone overflowing with confidence.

- Eh?" Narancia said. What are you saying? Aerosmith is the one that cr-

- Wrong. Someone used you. There was another person. Look at his right foot. If Aerosmith had done that, we would see burns. But there aren't any at this end-

- Shut up..." (Y/N) groaned.

She glared at him. He fell silent immediately, realizing that she surely needed time and quiet to recover from her emotions, and that was clearly not all that she wanted to hear. But Narancia exclaimed,

"But I assure you there was only one person on my radar!"

(Y/N) wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. Giorno gave her a look, and he nodded. So she got up, slowly. And she turned to face the boys, looking gloomy.

"The asshole who did this can't be far away. I know Risotto, his opponent must be seriously injured.

- Well, let's track our prey", Bucciarati concluded. "Narancia, do not neglect any breathing, even the small animals'. The other is around. They're obviously very dangerous for us."

Narancia obeyed immediately. And while he was trying somehow to find the enemy among all the breathing creatures around, Giorno stood up, thus attracting (Y/N)'s attention.

"He will survive. I patched all the holes from Aerosmith. I also reattached his foot and hand. But he's going to need a lot of res-"

(Y/N) had just hugged him, moved. She was holding herself back from crying. Instead, she simply whispered,

"Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Giorno..."

The teen smiled slightly. He hugged the young woman and closed his eyes, as if appeased by the affection that didn't last long enough for his taste. Because (Y/N) had already let go to hoist Risotto on her back with great difficulty. Then she turned to Bucciarati.

"I can put him in the turtle, can't I?"

Bucciarati nodded, and she didn't hesitate for a second to climb into the turtle. Inside, Mista and Trish gave her panicked looks.

"Who is it?!

- Everything is fine??"

But she didn't answer them, she simply laid Risotto down on one of the sofas. And as she was about to get out of the turtle to help others, she felt his hand cling to her wrist. So she crouched down beside him, a faint smile on her face. She ran her fingers through his white hair, her throat tight with emotion.

"... I have to go back, Ris'...It's alright, you're out of danger. Rest, you need it.

- (Y/N)..."

Her heart stopped and she felt her cheeks suddenly boil. It was the first time he had called her that. And hearing her own name roll off his tongue like that gave her shivers. She bit her lip, before whispering.

"... Mercurio?"

Silence. He too seemed to want to take a break to properly record the delicate voice of the one he liked to pronounce his first name. Then he cleared his throat to refocus.

"... I saw the Boss."

Any smile quickly disappeared from the young woman's lips to be replaced by an expression of surprise.

"The boss? Did you fight him?"

He nodded slowly, before muttering hoarsely,

"... hurry up, you're in danger.."