Chapter 19: Cooked to perfection.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. December 21st, 1988.

While Joseph was busy buying a car, the other four companions were waiting on sofas in the reception. Polnareff was flirting without any embarrassment with a client at his side. After a while, Joseph came over and smashed his white hair with the new car contract to shut him up.

"Polnareff. I see you're very busy-

- Mr. Joestar!

- -but we have to go.

- Don't touch my hair! Do you know how long it takes me to do my hair??

- No, and I don't care. You take the wheel.

- Okay. Goodbye miss!... I don't understand, Mr. Joestar, why buy a luxury car? There is only sand here! Shouldn't we rather take a 4x4?

- You will quickly understand."

Sitting in the back of the car between Jotaro and Kakyoin, (Y/N) was far too busy admiring the huge villas through the window to notice the redhead's concern next to her. Jotaro was the one to ask:

"What is it, Kakyoin?

- Well... I know that since we're out in the open, we'd see right away if we're being followed. But despite that, I feel observed, I keep on turning around.

- Yeah, we have enough to become paranoid", Polnareff added.

"I was thinking about the route to take", Joseph said.

"Can we put on some music?" (Y/N) asked in a small, innocent voice.

Despite Jotaro's grunts, the two men in the front turned on the radio willingly. Having barely heard two notes, Polnareff and (Y/N) began to sing at the same time:

"We're no strangers to loooove~

- Oh have mercy..." Kakyoin said, without however being able to prevent himself from smiling."

"You know the rules and so do I!

- Yare, yare... What did you say about the itinerary, old man?

- 100 km from here, there is a village called Yarpline. We could get there, but with the mountains and the desert it's complicated, so we'd have to buy a Cessna! We're not putting anyone else in danger, but we're still flying!

- I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling, gotta make you understand!"

Polnareff and (Y/N) took a deep breath. Before yelling:

"NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP! NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOOOOWN!"

Without waiting, Kakyoin placed a hand over the young woman's mouth to silence her. She continued to sing, laughing, her voice muffled behind the boy's hand. He had to make every effort in the world to remain serious.

"Thank you Kakyoin," Jotaro said, glancing sideways at the Italian who was trying to get rid of her boyfriend's hand.

"So the Cessna!"Joseph resumed. "I think that's a good idea. Especially since I could fly it!

- Getting into a Cessna whose pilot has already crashed three times doesn't thrill me a lot," Jotaro grunted.

Joseph turned his head to glare at him. Before turning up the sound of the music just to annoy him in return. Jotaro glared right back at him.

"Anyway," the old Joestar continued, "we must go to Yarpline already. We can cross the desert, it takes a day on a camel.

- Seriously?" Polnareff said, suddenly stopping singing. "The Cessna is fine, but the camel is not my thing!"