Chapter 5

Lea

"Where are you two?" I asked Vice over the phone and got my purse on the bed.

"Papunta na sa simbahan of course!"

I arched my brows and stopped from walking when Vice answered me that. "What?! Eh 'di ba sabay-sabay tayo? So nakalimut-kinalimutan niyo 'ko?" I scoffed.

"Anong kinalimutan? May sarili kang sundo, 'te!" Regine shouted.

"Anong sariling sund-" I wasn't able to finish my statement when the doorbell in my unit made a sound. I momentarily closed my eyes. "Don't tell me this is Aga?" I asked in gritted teeth.

"Edi hindi ko sasabihin," Vice responded that made me groan, lalo na nang marinig ko ang malakas na tawa ni Regine.

"Lagot talaga kayo sa aking dalawa 'pag nakita ko kayo. I swear, you two! This isn't funny!" I hang up the call and groaned again.

I sharply exhaled and looked in the mirror. I am wearing a one shoulder chiffon dress in dusty sage color, which is the theme color of the wedding, and a silver purse that is paired with my white stilleto.

I walked towards the door and calmed myself first before I open it. I grinned when I saw Aga patiently waiting outside.

"Hi," we greeted each other in synchronized. We both chuckled afterwards although I can feel the awkwardness because we both didn't expect this.

"Let's go?" He asked then offered me his left arm that made my heart beat faster.

I looked at him again then slowly clung my hand on his arm. Afterwards, we left the establishment together.

"Thank you," I told him when he opened the door of his car for me. I just watched him until he's already sitting beside me at the driver's seat.

"You look good in your suit."

"You look good in your dress."

We laughed when we complimented each other in synchronized again.

He started driving and I was about to speak when he spoke first. "I know I've been quiet since we've met, you might be thinking that I'm a shy or an introvert person. But, I'm not. I'm not just that really talkative when I only met a person for few times," he explained.

I nodded while looking straight at the road. "Now I understand. But honestly, I didn't think you're an introvert or a shy person, I just thought you don't like me or to talk to me." I laughed and shook my head when I said that. Grabe naman pala akong mag-overthink.

"What? No." He chuckled. "It's unfair to hate someone the first time we met them."

I nodded because he's being sensible.

"And I don't think you're someone I could hate." He glanced at me then smiled. "I think you're a nice person."

I cannot help but to smile when he said those.

I faked a cough and looked at him. "And I think you're someone who's too deep." I honestly said.

I saw him raised his right brow. He looked at me in the rearview mirror then chuckled. "A lot of people say that to me, actually." He shrugged his shoulders. "I just don't know why."

I chuckled and looked at the road again. We just talked to each other for 15 minutes more and it is actually nice seeing him talk, to me I guess, like a normal person. Ang assuming ko naman kasi na tahimik siyang tao.

"Let me open the door for you," he said as he turned off the engine of the car.

I just raised my brows and removed my hand from the door because I was about to open it on my own. Sensible and gentlemen huh.