ᵛᵒˣ ᵃᵏᵘᵐᵃ┆⁰¹· the red charm ⛥·˚

Start from the beginning

"b-but i don't believe in it anymore... ever since i got mine. and after i saw yours, i have more reasons not to believe in that past live thingy," she added.

vox hummed. "well... what was mine?"

he noticed how y/n fidgeted. "y/n. be honest with me, okay? i don't care what kind of boom-shaka-laka it is. remember, i'm the occult club's vice president."

"yeah, you're the same guy who said that my club is suspicious and uncanny." y/n sulked with a little pout, making vox laugh.

"you see... the world has three kinds of spirits." y/n started while staring at the starless skies. "the bad, the good, and the lawful."

"it's the first time i've heard of the lawful."

"meh, i just made it up a few seconds ago because i forgot what they're called. but basically, they're not bad but they're not good either."

"in between the line, eh?"

"mhmm." y/n then continued. "the good were the ones who doesn't do anything... well, bad. they're harmless spirits who stay in the world probably because they still need one more thing before ascending to where they belong. the lawful ones are spirits who probably do good and bad things for the other's sake."

"while the bad spirits... those who harm people..." y/n said as she walks faster than vox.

she then turned around. her face was serious, taking vox aback.

"your charm has the ability to obliterate and get rid of those spirits."

vox's eyes widened.

"i've always believed that it may somehow be related to people's past lives."

come to think of it... everyone's powers are related to their past lives.

mysta's ability is to trace, because he was once a detective.

ike's ability is possession related, like how ink would possess a paper, because he was a novelist.

shu was a sorcerer, hence the ability to call spirits.

and luca has the ability to let others see spirits, just like his connection from people to groups to organizations.

and my ability is to eradicate... because that's what i've been doing for decades a few centuries ago.

"i-i know it's a very bad power but maybe it's not the worst..?" y/n said in hesitation that she might offend her friend in some way.

"no. it is actually a cool power. you should've told me sooner." vox said with a grin and a light blush under his eye.

blood slowly crept up y/n's cheeks, with steam seeping from her head. she just stared at vox shamelessly, even if it was against her will.

"y/n?" vox called.

y/n comically shook her head like a child.

"AYO—!" vox exclaimed when the lady suddenly slapped her own cheeks.

y/n nodded to herself. snap out of it, y/n.

"what are you doing?!" vox asked with a chuckle, a bit amused. he gently grabbed the lady's cheek.

y/n flinch because of a little sting, making vox chuckle again. "lady, you amaze and confuse me at the same time." vox said while caressing her cheek with his thumb to ease the pain.

why does she have to be so cute? vox sighed with a smile.

y/n just have her eyes closed while vox caresses her cheeks. vox reminds her of a cute anemo slime from that one game.