Sometimes, she really wished that the King would just smack around his son, teach him a lesson, maybe get all of those animalistic urges out. This brought her back to the tainted sheets. In no good mind could she clean these sheets and put them back. She quickly came to a decision and gathered the sheets up, trying to touch them as little as possible. She'd burn them.

And burn them she did.

The fire reached towards the sky, as if praying to the gods to cleanse it of the wretched task of eating the repulsive sheets.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing!" A loud shout sounded from behind her. She sighed, knowing that patrol guards would have caught her sooner rather than later.

When the sounds of footsteps grew nearer and slowed, she answered. "Cleansing them."

"Cleansing them?" One of the two guards asked. "Those are bedsheets. Who do they belong to?"

"The Prince Setial."

-

Getting dragged throughout the palace wasn't something that Samiah particularly enjoyed. The guards gripped her arms too tightly for comfort and walked too quickly for her liking. Not to mention that they were punishing her for doing what was right. Not like she had time to explain, once she said the prince's name, they grabbed her without another word.

Instead of being taken to the King like she expected, Samiah was taken back to the prince's bedroom, where the prince himself was sitting at his desk. He was already looking at them when they walked in, as they knocked and waited for his command to enter, but the look on his face was of confusion. Samiah's face scrunched up in disgust, thinking about how that face had been pressed up against that of another man's just the previous night. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Sire, we caught this servant burning your bedsheets." One guard announced.

This caused the prince's eyebrows to furrow even deeper. "Leave us, but stay close." He commanded as his eyes bore into Samiah. The guards left promptly, the doors shutting behind them. "Now, tell me why you decided to burn my sheets." It wasn't a question but an order.

"I think you know why, sire." Samiah, eyes meeting his sternly.

His face grew more confused. "Tell me."

Samiah sighed, looked like she was going to have to spell it out for him. She knew that he would get mad and she would likely end up sentenced to die, a power that any royal had when one of the large laws was broken, but she had to do what his father did not and try to teach him, to show him. "You've tainted those sheets when you decided to share your bed with a man."

His posture instantly got stiff. "How do you know about? Who told you!" His eyes had narrowed further, now in anger.

"I was able to figure it out." Samiah held her head proudly. If she was to die for this might as well go out strong. "If you wanted to get back at your father or gain his attention, there are better ways to do that other than defiling your soul and body and disgracing-"

"Enough!" He was standing now, his much taller size making Samiah feel small. "You cannot speak to me that way, speaking out of turn to a royal is punishable by death, and you have done just that."

Samiah felt her legs start to shake, she knew it was coming but it was still hard to hear. "With all due respect, I have not spoken out of turn. If anyone is out of turn it's you when-"

"You do not have any power here." His voice was low but it shut her up immediately. He called for the guards, and the same ones who dragged her there entered the room, standing several feet away at the door. The pit in Samiah's stomach grew incredibly deep. "I, Prince Setial, sentence you to die tonight by poison for breaking the large law of speaking out of turn." Samiah's breath caught in her throat. Poison was a horrible way to go. Unlike the other methods, it was done quietly in the cells, not even giving the victim a chance to see the sky for the last time. He walked around the desk, not stopping until he was right in front of Samiah, his face leaning down until it was right next to her ear. "And while the life is leaving your body, know that I will be up here with a new pair of bedsheets, screwing a man right into them."

Samiah replied back, her shaking voice unable to get above a whisper. "Even with him you wish to be with woman, I bet you're always the one going in, imagining a pretty princess in his spot. I bet every time he makes a noise that you wish it was several pitches higher." A strange expression passed over his face for a second before disappearing to anger, but Samiah had the fleeting hope that it showed she was right.

The prince leaned even closer. "Perhaps this time I'll let him have a turn and defile every part of my body while you wither away with that knowledge." He straightened himself up with a smirk on his face, Samiah with a horrified one. Her life... just wasted away without him even stopping his behavior. "Take her away."

The ever-obedient guards marched forward and roughly grabbed Samiah's already bruised arms, yanking her up and pulling her out. Samiah desperately looked towards Corol, who was looking at her with wide eyes, but he was quickly out of sight. Tears were rapidly pouring out of Samiah's eyes as she was dragged to her death.