The 1st aftermath : Why she was called blossom...

Start from the beginning

"Mom? What was your favorite memory of {Name}-oneechan?"

Kie looked at her first son, surprised. She thought long hard of her favorite memory. Honestly, she couldn't decide on one. She had too much memories placed in her heart. But, she was able to pick one...

"Back when I first gave birth to her."

Tanjiro looked at his mother. Kie continued talking..

"I remember being scared of what would happen when I first went into labor. Your father was still able to stand back then and he helped me a lot. He held my hand and encouraged me to be brave. I was so stressed and scared that I think I squeezed your father's hand too hard."

Kie chuckled as she smiled at the memory.

"Then hours later, the doctor came with a bundle. It was your sister. She was beautiful and for that moment on, I knew that I love her. I was praying to Kami and thanking your father for giving her to me. Then I saw her grow up, her first words, her first steps, her first smile... I saw it all and day by day I was a proud mother. I saw her little right and wrongs. She grew up so much that I love her until today."

"Why?"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you love nee-chan that much?"

Kie sat there thinking for a bit. She did wonder why she loved her daughter so much. Was it because she was her child? A biological imprint of her and her husband? Was it because she was kind, beautiful, and someone who cared for her all these years? Kie didn't know. But...she came up with an answer seconds later.

"Because...she was my blossom after spring. Someone who bloomed after a terrible experience. Having the fright and pain of doing something you've never done like labor, It was like a dark winter..."

Kie caressed her stomach, rubbing it like she once did whenever she was pregnant with her children.

"I was scared you know? I wanted to back out, I wasn't sure that I was prepared to face the responsibility that came once your sister was born.."

Tanjiro looked as his mother recalled her memories.

"But, when I saw your sister crying at my arms that day...All those worries and doubts, they were gone slowly like snow melting at the sun of spring..."

Kie smiled and patted Tanjiro's head.

"That's why I called her blossom!"

Kie let out a big smile and looked at Tanjiro.

"Did you know? You were the reason she is now smiling? You were her first smile!"

"Really?!"

"Yes! When she saw you wrapped in a blanket, she let out a smile! Ever since then, she would always give out the biggest smile seeing you! Then after that, Nezuko and your other siblings came, she still smiled."

Kie laughed. She then embraced Tanjiro.

"She loved us so much didn't she.."