The 1st aftermath : Why she was called blossom...

Start from the beginning

"Really..."

Tanjiro smiled at the memory, remembering his big sister's smile.

"You were the most beautiful women in the village sis..Now and forever."

Tanjiro caressed the picture and kissed it.

"But I wonder...What mom knew."

A flashback on his mother's reaction on the crow that delivered the dreadful news. It hurts that no body was found, he still hoped to this day that she was somehow alive but finding her was impossible.

The most confusing thing was the burnt letter he found on where the traditional dance was performed. One of the torches had remains on freshly burned paper. It strangely smelled like wisterias too and his mother...

"Mom knew something but what..."

He mumbled as another memory came in.

"Mom?"

"Tanjiro...?"

Tanjiro woke up after another nightmare appeared in the form of his sister dying. It took a toll on her announced death. It's been 5 days after that and the family was still in mourning.

But not as much as the woman of the family, his mother, Kie Kamado.

Here he was now, standing in the porch and facing his mom, who was wrapped in a shawl.

'That's weird, she smells like snow and ash...'

"Mom? What are you doing at this time at night?"

"I should be asking you that, you should get some sleep dear! You still have to chop wood tomorrow morning!"

Kie took off the shawl she wore and wrapped it around Tanjiro. Tanjiro leaned in at the warmness of the scarf. He then looked down.

"I had a nightmare..."

"..Oh..."

Kie held back her tears, she knew exactly what that nightmare was about. All her children were crying to her in the middle of the night, saying it was about her sweet elder daughter.

Oh {Name}, her sweet little girl. She regretted sending her away for her protection. She should've insisted helping her daughter, If she knew it would end like this...

Kie sighed and sat down on the porch. She frowned and exhaled deeply. She would not cry infront of her children, she had to stay strong.

"..Come sit by me Tanjiro."

Tanjiro sat down next to her. Kie and him looked up at the night sky. It was blank today, the stars weren't able to shine through the big grey clouds. But, the moon was bright as ever.

The mother and son stayed silent, each's attention divided into their own thoughts. That was until Tanjiro broke the silence.