Part 5

Me, Cuphead, and Mugman walked out of the casino, talking and laughing at whatever came to mind. It was quite nice if I was being honest.

Cup and Mug were telling me about this really strange story regarding the Devil when they were younger and how they "totally beat his ass!" and something to do with "soul contracts" I was lost yet amazed by how obscure things could get in this world. I smiled and nodded, throwing in a few "woah"s and "cool!"s every now and then. "What the fuck were they talking about?! Does everyone here just collectively snort a bag of cocaine every few weeks?!?" I thought.

Cuphead noticed my repeated expressions and said "you seem confused" I snapped out of my "yep,-I-understand-what-you're talking-about" act while replying with a delay "...yeah"

"Makes sense, don't think I've seen you around here before."

I mentally debated if I should tell him. There was no reason I didn't have to, so I decided to be blunt and straight-forward with it.

"Well...yeah. You see, what happened was..."

Cuphead and Mugman both listened, interested and a bit confused as I was when they told their strange story with "lasers" coming out from their fingers.

"Holy shit" said Cuphead with wide opened eyes, amazed with my story.

"Oh you poor thing!" Mugman said sympathetically. I had told them how I had also no where to sleep for the night or anything other than my devices which they were amazed by.

"Well, you could always stay with us!" Said Cuphead while Mugman nodded in agreement.

"Oh, I couldn't! I don't want to take advantage of you guys!"

"Nah, it's fine!" Cuphead said. "Besides, we could use some company! It's only us, and this small weird little plant dude we found!"

My face lighted up with happiness! These people who actually felt sympathy for me, these people who I mentally noted down as my friends, wanted me to live with them!

Sounded a bit sketchy saying that out loud but I knew I had nothing to worry about.

Timeskip brought to you by Ms. Chalice yet again!

We got to the apartment. It was nothing fancy but it still looked nice. We all decided that I could sleep on the couch for now until we had enough money to figure something out. I'm the meanwhile, the cup bros had decided to loan me some clothes for now too.

I was secretly overjoyed with happiness! One, I had friends! Two, I had a place to stay! It was almost certain I would be here for some time so friends and shelter were a great start!

After some time of getting settled in, I took out my phone with my [Favourite Colour] phone case with [Favourite Designs] on it, there was no signal but maybe I could check some stuff that I had accessible offline.

"Hey Y/N?"

It was Cuphead.

"Oh, hey Cups, what's up?"

"I was still kinda thinking about that 'phone' thing. What else can it do?"

By the looks of it, he was kinda blushing. I didn't know if he was actually interested in my phone or just wanted to talk to me. "Oh well.." I thought. "At least someone's interested in talking to me!"

I showed him a few basic features like the camera and the calculator. He was eye-wide in awe, and that expression was coming from someone who's world had almost a shit-ton of magic. Mugman eventually joined as I showed them a few other offline features like non-wifi games.

I then told them about some other stuff can the phone could do with what they then described it as "evil spirit messengers" or as I called it wifi.

I had a told them how I had some data left so I could probably show them what else my phone could do. They were a bit confused about how "data" was being used as a substitute for "wifi" but I eventually explained it.

I then showed them things like social media and apps for communication, then finally, one of my favourites, apps for listening to music.

I could have showed them before I enabled data with iTunes but lets be honest, no one uses that app anymore.

"And now for one of the best apps ever!" I had also told them on how "app" was short for "application" and how every phone had them.

I opened Spotify and played one of my favourite songs, what was this favourite song, you ask? Well, it was none other than [Favourite Song] by [Favourite Artist]!

For some guys that only listened to Jazz, Swing, and whatever else people listend to back then, they really enjoyed the song!

A few hours after fooling around with the phone, we all decided to call it a night.

"Goodnight, guys!"

"Night, Y/N!"

"Goodnight, Y/N!"

After the lights went out, I laid there for a few seconds thinking about how strange this day was. Not strange as in bad but strange in a nice way.

"Maybe I'll like it here..."

A/N:
Hello everyone!! I'm SO sorry this chapter took so long to get out! D: I've just been super busy with school and mental health. I'm also super sorry if this chapter is shitty and cringe, like I said, just haven't had the time to write this.

That aside, how's y'all's day going? Anything cool goin on? Any good shows y'all been watching recently? Sorry, just bored lol.

With that, see you lovelies next chapter! <3
-Arcade_Loser

Holy shit, 937 words!