𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Start from the beginning

„There she is" I pointed to the screen. Onika was walking up the stairs. Without falling.

„I knew it" I mumbled and sighed.

„Can you zoom onto her face?" Kelly asked and I nodded.

„Look, there you can see the shade of the black eye. She came into the holding with a black eye. She didn't trip or I don't know what." Kelly uttered.

„I knew it. It just couldn't be...what am I supposed to do now?" I questioned myself.

„Talk to her. Tell her that you know that this is a lie."

„I'll gotta get up with something...Thank you Kelly. You're such a help." I hugged her lightly.

Afterwards, I just clicked trough some more cameras with stairs to make sure there wasn't her tripping over or something. She lied. It's just that I care about her and I don't want her to suffer. She's my worker. My friend.

| | |

Knowles Residence
Los Angeles, California

I got home very tired. I took a quick shower and laid down onto my big bed letting out a groan.

Normally, I never take my phone before I go to sleep. It just isn't healthy. But today was a exception.

iMessage:

me: hey, how are you doing? Is your black eye doin better?

onika: hey, thanks for asking I'm doing good hbu? A bit throbbing but it's not swollen that much anymore. The ice is really keeping me company today :)

me: I'm glad you feel better, I wondered if you wanna go out for a walk tomorrow? In the morning? 7'30?

onika: okay who wakes up and goes walking at 7 I'm the morning

me: 🙋🏽‍♀️

onika: I'm in

me: I'll see ya in the morning

| | |

I was already on my way to Onika's to pick her up so I could drive her to my favorite beach place. Normally, I go jogging here everyday but she had a black eye and I didn't want to be a coach so we'll just take a walk.

When I arrived at hers, she got in looking all good like always. Her eye was also a lot better and wasn't that purple anymore. She wore a grey sportsbra with some matching sweatpants. Since it was a bit fresh in the morning, she had a zip-hoodie on which was also cute.

„Good Morning Bey" she said and slid her arms around me giving me a quick hug.
„Morning, how are you? Your eye looks a lot better." I said and she smiled nodding her head.

„I'm alright, are you okay? You look exhausted." I chuckled to myself.
„I just didn't sleep that well last night. Nothing serious."

I started the engine and pulled out her driveway. She had a big house. Aesthetic.

„Where we going?" she questioned out of blue.
„It's my favorite beach place, there aren't many people so I got there to get some rest, relax, yoga, jogging, pretty much everything." I answered her.

I gave her my phone to put on some good music and we started partying to Aaliyah. Spending time with Onika made me less workaholic I think. I enjoyed being in nature don't get me wrong. But I'm literally always thinking about work. With her I could just be me and turn everything off for a few hours.

Not too long after, we arrived the destination.

„Alright, you'll take the blanket, I'll take the picnic box. You decide where we sit." I exclaimed and her dimples almost immediately were showing. I loved her smile. It was so cute. I've a thing for dimples. Not gonna lie.

„Here's cool" She placed down the blanket. It was under a palm right in front of the ocean. The palm covered the sun so it wasn't shining directly into my face even though it wasn't that warm today.

„Why didn't you tell me that we'll have a picnic? I could've take some thing with me."
„Surprise" I smiled packing out all of my things.

Finally we got the chance to sit down and start eating. I chopped a few fruits, made a good yoghurt, some bruschetta and fresh orange juice. That's basically how my breakfast is.

„Bey what did you do to this fruits?" Onika asked me taking a fork into her mouth.
„What do you mean?"

„They taste so different and so delicious" she rolled back her eyes chewing them.
„Magic hands I guess" I joked making her laugh.

She then, without warning me, shoved a full fork of fruits into my mouth.

„Eat or I'm gonna eat everything on my own" she somehow got out and I started laughing so hard.

„I made this to be eaten, so eat"

We cracked a few jokes, ate and drank and finally got up to walk a round.

„This place is so beautiful" Onika said.
„Truly it is"

„What do you like the most about this place Bey?" she then questioned.

I had to think a bit but I immediately knew then.

„It's small. Nothing too big. You can be on your own unless there are people, but there aren't so you're alone. You can think. Rethink. Change your actions. Do yoga while listening to this beauty." I uttered pointing to the ocean.

Onika looked at me. Like she was trying to read my mind.

„But the main reason I love this place is because it was our family place. Before my dad died, we used to go every Sunday here and have a picnic, play volleyball, talk about our problems and solve them." I told her honestly.

„I'm so sorry for you" she replied softly as we sat on a bench further away from our picnic box.

She placed her soft hands on my arm trying to comfort me.

I won't cry because I cried my eyes out since then. I had to be strong.

„I can't imagine how you feel" she said sadly.
„You better don't. I can't even describe it...my dad passed away because of cancer. He was such a fighter but it came out that all the pills he had to take made everything even more worse."

I still could feel the pain when my mom told me that he died. I could still hear my moms cries in the middle of the night. I could remember all the things.

But what would live be if we would always think about the negative things? The whole world would be depressed and sad. Where would we be if everyday we live, was a das where we think what else is wrong in our life.

That's why I chose to be happy. To be successful. Ambitious. Independent. Because I knew my dad wouldn't want nothing more than seeing his family successful and happy.

„I can't say I'm over it because I'll never be...but I sure can say that I'm happy how my life turned out. If that was gods will, so will it be." I smiled at her.

„You're such a strong woman Beyoncé" she uttered and placed her hand around my arm again.

„So why aren't you?" I questioned looking directly into her eyes try to read them.

| | |

Hey people I hope you liked this chapter. It was also a bit longer than usual. I'll try to update more often. Slowly I really start to like this book.:)

Don't forget to vote🫶🏽