Chapter Thirty-Eight: Calming Draught and Betrayal

Start from the beginning

I mean that was a while ago.

She even told me she was getting better.

I'm glad she's getting closer with me so she can check up on me because it means I can check up on her too. Of course, she doesn't have to realize that.

"Moon, so everyone wanted to hang out in Blaise's room later I was wondering if you were up to hang out with them or not. It's okay if you don't want to go," Victoria says softly as she looks up from the book she's reading.

I'd love to hang out with my friends, I've been ditching a few classes and avoiding them most of the time.

Pansy stopped by a couple of times but it was nothing more than a conversation and a hug.

"Will Draco be there?" I ask.

She shook her head before showing a slight grin as her head bows down to the book.

"Then let's go,"

After about an hour of getting ready, we headed towards Blaise's room. We brought the calming draughts in a small bag just incase I needed it. I secretly took two before we left without Victoria knowing, I didn't need her to worry for me.

As we opened the door to his room, I saw them.

Pansy.

Blaise.

Hermione?

Landon?

Draco?

Katherine?

Katherine.

I'm glad I took the calming draught before I came, but I quickly shut the door so they wouldn't see me take another one.

Victoria would know something was off if I didn't take one after seeing her.

I quickly pop the top off of the bottle before drinking the liquid. It was good. The draught felt nice as it went down my throat.

I needed another one but I didn't want her to see.

"That should be enough." I quietly chuckle before opening the door once again.

Katherine.

I didn't mind her being there, but a
thought of the past few days lingered in my head.

"Okay now that they're here, we can play spin the bottle." Pansy demands with a sweet smile. She got up from the floor to go grab an empty pronia bottle that I can only assume she was saving until this very moment.

"When did that come up?" Hermione scoffs, "If you wanted more people I would've invited Harry and Ron."

Draco shoots her a look before rolling his eyes again.

"Believe me Granger, no one wants those two over here. You're lucky you're even invited since Pansy is sort of friends with you," Draco sneers, breaking a pretzel as he speaks.

Katherine slowly places her legs on top of his as she grabs the pretzel from his hand and feeds it to him.

Gross.

Victoria and I sit down next to Pansy and Hermione while Landon continues to look me up and down.

"Look, we all know you've had a stick up your ass since Moon dumped you but get over it. Are you seriously mad right now because your new rebound invited some other guy to hang out with us too?" Hermione talks back to Draco.

Everyone just stares at each other as Draco glares at Hermione, looking as if his head were going to blow off his body out of anger.

"Okay, so what about spin the bottle?" Pansy asks trying to desperately change the subject. "But I got some new rules."