Chapter Thirty-Eight: Calming Draught and Betrayal

Start from the beginning

With Draco of course.

Tears form in my eyes while I limped over to take a seat on the couch. My best friend was betraying me for my enemy.

For Katherine.

"Moon..." Victoria tries before I turn away from her.

She betrayed me.

She betrayed me.

She betrayed me.

My heart started beating faster as it got harder and harder to breathe. I knew I was having a panic attack but I wasn't ready for another one. The tears from my eyes drip down my cheeks as my body starts to shake. I always hated whenever this happened.

Why did she do this to me?

"Moon, Moon are you okay?" she desperately questions before putting her hands on my shoulders. I could feel my body losing the pain as she continued to hold me. I look down at my legs where the blood was slowly retreating back into my body.

I start violently sobbing while hugging myself, just waiting for it to stop. I close my eyes shut but the shaking continues.

Victoria let's go of me before getting up and walking somewhere else. I could feel my heartbeat everywhere. I heard it pounding.

Pounding.

Pounding hard in my ears. Going faster and faster with each second that went by.

She hurries over to me before handing me a liquid.

"Drink," she demands.

"Victoria I ca-"

"Just drink it Moon, trust me."

I bring the bottle up to my lips before drinking it. My heart started beating slower and my breathing returned to normal.

Calming draught.

"Thanks, Vic." I reply as I hand her back the empty bottle.

"I can always make you more. I noticed how you've gotten them. I always carried some in a small bag for you. I take a few sips sometimes when I have to deal with Katherine." she admits.

I smile at her before giving her a small hug.

She was my best friend.

"I'll get back at her, Moon. I promise."

"Why did you let her do this to me in the first place?" I ask, pulling away from her as I speak.

She sighs as she looks away, then back to me.

"I never betrayed you, Moon, but I did make a deal with Katherine. It never happened though. Last time she hurt you like this and I got in the way, she told me that she would hurt or kill me and my family if I got in her way again. So I promised her I wouldn't, but when I saw you there with her I knew I couldn't let her do that to you and I regretted the whole deal." she explains, holding my hand and drawing with her finger on it.

"I'm sorry, Moon. I never should've done that."

A day passed.

Then another.

And another.

Everyday I got more and more panic attacks before I stopped them with the calming draught. The draught was surprisingly tasteful. Victoria placed more bottles on my side of the dorm while she took the old ones.

I noticed some changes with her too.

She's been eating less and less each day for months. Pansy had told me before that Victoria had a eating and self harming problem before but I thought that it went away.