film , nick

❝ wherever i go, you'll always be next to me . . .
telephones , vacations

-

cw: none
! fluff (pure fluff it is so painfully fluffy)
(male!reader)

-

it's been about a week since you last saw nick.

that isn't necessarily a bad thing. it's not like you're arguing, or like either of you are purposefully not seeing each other. but, nick's been busy with editing and filming with his brothers, and you've been busy thinking about how nick's busy and worrying that he's forgetting about you.

it's been a week. this can't be healthy-one week should not be enough to worry you about your year-long relationship.

but, regretfully, the heart wants what it wants; and your heart wants nothing more than to see nick, right now.

currently, you are lying on your bed, staring at your ceiling and following one of the blades of your fan spinning around and around with your eyes. you stretch your arm out to reach your phone from your nightstand, and you ignore the various notifications from a couple different apps that you have. it's most likely nothing more than instagram notifying you that someone's posted; the only notification of that particular kind that instagram could possibly send to get you to click on it is probably "one direction has posted on their story". is that going to happen? no. but, again, the heart wants what it wants.

you open messages and send nick a few quick texts.

y/n
hi
can i come see u today
i miss u

you lock your phone and close your eyes, but not even ten seconds later, your phone buzzes again.

you smile at the message.

nick
omg
ofc
please do

y/n
lit
rn?

nick
i'm out with chris rn but can u come in like a hour? if i'm not home yet by then just let urself in & u can get some snacks from the kitchen
we can watch a movie if u want
pop the popcorn

y/n
ok that sounds good
can we watch how to train your dragon

nick
why

y/n
i'd like to look at hiccup for two hours
wouldn't u?

nick
u should be looking at me for two hours

y/n
hmm
maybe i will
only after the first two hours tho

nick
fine

y/n
see u soon<3

nick
ok
love u

y/n
love u too

you smile at your phone, and even though you can't go to nick's house for another hour, you decide to get ready and go pick up some coffee for the two of you.

you change into a t-shirt with nirvana on it and a pair of grey sweatpants. you look through your closet, acting as if you're going to be original for once and pick a different pair of shoes, but of course, you end up putting on your black high top converse. you're so predictable. you make a mental note to work on that.

you look through the rack of sweatshirts you have and eventually decide on a yellow hoodie that actually happens to be nick's.

as soon as you put it on, though, you feel a piece of what feels like thick paper in the pocket. you reach in, and to your surprise, you realize it's a strip of undeveloped film with four spaces on it. people still do this kind of thing?