₀₀₇ , loveable !

dream is acting all sad now.

you told me you hated me, cal.

i'm sorry crybaby, i do love you.

irl !

"your brother is still in elementary school and he is already being taught a different language?" dream asked, turning his phone over so the screen was pressed flat down onto his leg. even considering some of the expectations, the car was still pretty clean. some pillows had been thrown into random corners that fit the person needing them. the trash was kept to a minimum while pushed into a grocery store back behind the driver's seat.

calypso smiled, her finger trailing the spine of the book she just had been reading. something about a girl who fell in love with someone in their last moments together. calypso understood the whole plot due to how engaged she found herself in it already, even though she was barely half way through. dream understood bits and pieces with how much he had been reading over her shoulder. "yeah, he can sign his name already and most of the alphabet. it's actually really impressive. you can show him colton if you want, be a little show off."

colton, to the left of calypso, leaned forward in his seat so he could turn and face dream. a little grin that matches exactly calypso's was present as he brought his hand up. with a little struggle to remember to tuck his thumb between his closed fist to sign a t, he finally managed to sign his name. the boy was still not finished, "oh! and calypso's is harder since i mix up the a and s sometimes."

"how do you do it again? i kind of forgot," calypso turned to her brother, holding out her hand as she wanted for him to instruct him on the asl spelling of her name.

dream watched the two siblings help each other out with their mistakes before calypso finally understood it all in the end. she laughed as she spelled her whole name without having to restart from a screw up. amber even turned their head to look at the three and back and complain about how they know their name too but signing a r was dumb when it clearly looked like a x.

and to think calypso was even worried in the first place about bringing an awkward situation into the car with her. it was actually quite comfortable between the family and their guest. dream liked to be in the conversations, to engage and make his own points whenever different topics were being thrown around. it made calypso happy.

dream, currently drumming his fingers on calypso's right knee to the beat of the song playing through her earbuds. seeing that the song has such an upbeat vibe to it and his fingers correctly synced to such, calypso tapped her phone to watch the disappointment on his face as the song skipped a new one played. a song with a much slower beat.

but dream only continued, watching her eyes with his own, his teeth lightly pushing into his bottom lip in a sad attempt to leave them dragged down in a frown. calypso finally grabbed his hands and pushed them to his own lap, but they only returned shortly after. "you're annoying," she scoffed, the back of her hand hitting his.

"i'm amazing," dream replied, finally retreating as he kept to his own personal space. "you better be glad you have me to be with through this whole thing. to be fair, it could be worse and you could have someone like george to be stuck with."

"unlike you, i actually like george." calypso told him, hitting his knee as a form of payback for the amount of times of his soundless drumming.

"george is rude and way more annoying than me. and constantly telling me he hates me. i hate him." dream replied, fingers moving away from legs to push his earbud back into his ear so it wouldn't fall and he would have to grab it before it did so. the music was loud enough for the both to enjoy it but quiet enough so they could have their conversations. "also, you don't hate me. i'm really loveable."

"whatever you say," calypso turned her phone back on and dream thought she was going to skip another song just to annoy him. but rather she opened her messages app and didn't have to scroll far to get what she was looking for.

dream laughed at the screen, "what are you doing?"

"telling george what you said about him behind his back." calypso typed dream's words from earlier, hoping george would see it just so she could bounce off his reaction. but, knowing him, he was resting up again. she let her phone back down, but just close enough so the both of them could have control of the music when needed. "by the way, you're not loveable. far from it."

"'whatever'." dream mimicked calypso, making her hit his shoulder in a reply. which only caused a whining dream. just like expected, there was no response from george so the constant taunts died down from the time being as they ran out of their sources to their comebacks.

dream was staring out of calypso's window to watch the blur of trees and other cars pass by, reading the signs that showed how the group was soon coming up to their first rest stop. his attention was cut short by the entertainment of watching the girl beside him lip syncing. he really wanted to call her a dork. even so, the thought ran through his mind a couple of times and his mouth opened.

"anyone need to use the restroom?" the opportunity was ruined by her father asking for the road trip group. even more so when calypso answered with a positive and started to unbuckle at the confirmation of the car parking.

dream scooted back the farthest he could in his seat and reached to open the door. even if it would be much easier for calypso to leave at the opposite side and ask her younger brother to move, it seemed she had much more fun doing her best to climb over dream to exit. while all he did was cram himself into the back so he wouldn't block her path or her determination. amber followed after the girl soon after, leaving the car in silence as calypso's music had been paused. dream didn't want to continue listening to music without her.

it wouldn't be that long till someone broke the silence. surprisingly it was colton who brought up something about the distance till their next stop, which dream could make an educated guess was going to be a gas station at some point. making sure it was okay to talk though, he changed the topic of conversation.

"colton, can you teach me how to say something specific in sign language?"