Epilogue

She was unmistakable. It had to be her, the timing was right. Katana had never formally met her, but she had heard stories and had seen a picture. She was throwing sand at the waves and yelling obscenities at them. Undeterred by her anger, they continued to crash into the shore, the foamy white tops rolling beautifully over the darkness.

"They can't help it you know." Katana informed her walking up behind her. The woman spun around, the braids in her hair whipping around as she did. Her eyes burned an electric blue in the moon light. It was definitely the infamous Saydta McKenna.

"The waves, they can't help it. Throwing sand at them won't do any good." Katana teased her. Saydta squinted and nodded, "I know that. I-I thought I was alone." Katana smiled and introduced herself and Saydta did the same.

"I know you, you're J'Adok's girl, aren't you." Katana said. Saydta pursed her lips to the side and an aggravated look flashed through her blue eyes. But it was fleeting.

"Yeah, I just got back from S'Callo. Are you from S'Edga?" Saydta asked. "No, S'Nekka. I'm Kokin's T'KeLana." Katana answered wondering if Saydta would recognize who she was. Her expression didn't show that she had. Perhaps J'Adok hadn't mentioned his twin brother to her. They had a complicated relationship.

"Wanna swim? It'll cool you off." Katana suggested hoping that she could swim and would be brave enough to do so at night. As much as she had tried, and she had tried a lot, Katana could not find any sharks.

To her delight, Saydta agreed. She knew how to swim and catch waves and do flips into the oncoming waves. They laughed and swam and played in the waves together for at least an hour before deciding to go home. They traded phone numbers and parted ways, scampering off in opposite directions in the darkness.

Katana knew Kokin would be upset with her for being home so late but she hated when he told her what to do. Sometimes, she just couldn't do it, even when she wanted to. She knew he would be really mad for a few minutes, yell and cuss while she was in the shower and then she would kiss him and he'd forget all about it. Chances were good that he'd end up making love to her and then falling soundly asleep next to her and the whole incident would be forgotten.

He knew being angry with her was futile. Their relationship had been best described as explosive when he brought her back with him to his En until he figured this out. She got angry with him just as quickly as he did with her, but she was much better at it. She would make her point and then turn everything off emotionally and be stubborn.

She never let it go into the next day though. Kokin's temper ignited and burned out quickly and Katana always gave him a graceful way out. He just had to find it. Sometimes they would stay up all night alternating between arguing with each other and going off in their own directions to cool off.

Even amidst all the arguing and yelling he knew she wouldn't leave him and he knew he wouldn't leave her either. Eventually, one or both of them would set aside their pride and come to a compromise. Kokin effectively ignored his mother's advice about not rushing into things and it wasn't long before he asked to write on her and, after he explained what all of that meant, she agreed. Now, she was united with him and was part of his family, like a wife.

It was strange for her to get used to living in Kokin's family with Getty. But it was really no stranger than the family she had lived in on Earth with siblings from different marriages and parents. At least this one was more functional.

Kokin was on the phone with his brother when she walked in the door. Seeing her enter, he clicked off the phone without saying good bye and watched her sashay across the room and set her board in the corner.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." She said gliding over to him and planting a kiss on his cheek. She ignored the fiery amber color of his eyes and made her way to the shower. He followed her.

"So, you met Saydta, huh?"

+++++++

Finally got it all uploaded. I havent completely edited it all yet, so there may be some inconsistencies. Did the whole thing on a dinosaur laptop that I almost threw away twice.

So glad it is all up now, though.

Hope you enjoyed it. Please comment and vote.